Default June Issue with Free Book

Check out the latest issue - What Digital Camera June, with a FREE Digital Photographer's Companion Book.

We're getting great feedback on the issue and the gift already:

"I read it on a train ride to Nuneaton and back, and by the time I got home, I knew what to do with my new DSLR. Thanks for a great freebie!" Nigel Williams Jazz FM.

"As someone with an in-built dislike of 'straight in the bin' inserts stuffed in magazines, I nearly committed a big mistake with the June issue.

In a word, 'fantastic' is the best way to describe my appreciation of the excellent Digital Photographer's Companion. What a gem this is and a great size for keeping easily. No chance of binning, for sure.

Congratulations to NA for creating something focused, clear and very helpful in so many ways. Just hope this is the start of an occasional series and not a one-off wonder!

Thanks again, and I'll be more careful about checking inserts first from now on." T. Foster.

Default More readers rave about the latest issue...

Another reader says...

"Dear Editor,

I have just been reading Mat Gallagher's excellent article on Wedding Photography. As a retired Anglican minister who is a keen amateur and who is sometimes asked to be the official photographer I felt what he said was spot on!

I hope he will not mind if I make one or two points. It is important to find out beforehand what the officiating minister will and will not allow. We have a rule that once the arrival of the bride has been covered the official photographer remains at the back of the Church throughout the service. He or she is permitted to take photographs from there without flash during the hymns and is asked not to run around the Church looking for photo opportunities until the service is over and the couple are getting ready to sign the registers. I use a Canon 50D with a Tamron 28-270 stabilized lens which enables me to take close-ups almost unobserved.

When I visit the couple beforehand I ask them to think about what photographs they want taken and to make out a list which I can use as a guide. I always ask for somebody who knows most of the guests to organize the group photographs so that I can concentrate on my job. As far as cost is concerned I have been charging about 300 which includes contact prints, an album of slightly large photos and a DVD slide show as well as any further prints that may be required. I don't really aim to make a profit but simply to use a hobby I enjoy to benefit couples who may not be very well-off.

I very much enjoy reading What Digital Camera. Its an excellent magazine so keep up the good work."

Images

Just got the mag, great stuff
    The free book was excellent with loads of useful tips.
    I loved the inclusion of the wedding photography section.
    really liked the Canon 7D vs the Nikon D300s review except Canon won

Come on Nikon Canon is running off with all the glory lately.

Keep up the great work

Quote Originally Posted by sitan1 View Post
    I really liked the Canon 7D vs the Nikon D300s review except Canon won

Come on Nikon Canon is running off with all the glory lately.

Keep up the great work
    To be fair, it did take Canon nearly two years to bring out a camera that could beat the D300! Even then it's only by a small margin (unless you include video, where the Canon runs away with it).

Images

I don't use the video feature so thats irrelevant for myself but canon are coming out with the higher megapixal cameras which are great for blowing up shots or for stock photography.
    Even though I have a D300s im a bit dissapointed they put a two year old processor in (as good as it is) but stuck the newest processor in the D90.
    D300s is still an amazing piece of kit and I still love it, but Canon have realy upped the anty with the canon 5D mkII and the canon 7D.
    Waiting in anticipation for Nikons repy.