Smile Canon 550D, 50D or Nikon D90 - Which should I buy

Hello,

I'm new to Digital SLR's although I owned a 35mm SLR for 25 years and I consider myself to be an advanced amateur. I would mainly use a DSLR for Landscape / Wildlife photography with some general photography eg. portrait / people at parties, social events etc.
    I have looked at lots of review sites and been to some shops and held the 3 cameras but I still can't make up my mind. I'm not sure if I would use the movie mode that's available on the Canon EOS 550D & Nikon D90 so it's not an important feature to me.
    I would like to purchase the best camera of the three but I still can't decide which is the best can anyone advise me which one I should get.

Kind regards,
    F
    confused:

Images

I have just got myself the 550d and went through the process of research although my final line up was not the same as yours. I think in the end all the cameras you have suggested will all do the job, so its down to features build quality and how its feels and that really a personal choice for you. As i said at the start I went for the 550d and I am so pleased with it.

Images

I'd have to agree with Wave and say it's a certain amount of personal preference with handling and button layout, but it's also worth mentioning that the EOS 550D's movie mode is superior. I'd pop into a shop and handle them both to see how you get on.

Images

By the time you have made up your mind, one (or all) of these models will have been replaced by a newer model. This is the way the market works, and some people are stupid enough to 'upgrade' every year or two. In 2007 I replaced a Pentax MX purchased in 1980 with a Pentax K10 that fitted my budget because it was heavily discounted when the K20 came out. I would only consider upgrading this camera if I could buy a model with a full-frame sensor (24mm x 36mm) in a same size or smaller body for less than 600. Buy something now that fits your budget and your hands, and learn how to use it. And think carefully about how many 'important features' you really need or will ever use.

Images

My hubby just bought me the 50D and although I have only had it a week, I am really impressed with the colours and the quality of photos. I still have my 400D and will keep it as a backup camera, but even though I am not doing anything differently, the quality of the photos are much better. You can see some of of my photos on my Flickr site:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/83646071@N00/