Hybrid View

Talking Canon EOS 500D Or Nikon D5000? Which one??

Im new to dslr photography so need a little advise on what to buy. I will be taking shots of my new baby, nieces and nephews on the slides in the garden etc
    Ive narrowed it down to the Nikon D5000 and the Canon EOS 500D. I can get the Nikon for 620 from jessops with 8gb card 18-55 VR lens and Tamron 70-300 lens and a camera bag.
    The canon is 599 with the 18-55 VR lens from jessops.
    So on paper it looks like im getting more for my money with the nikon, but if the canon is a better camera should i get that?

With the Nikon are the two lenses supplied sufficient to cover most applications?

And the last question is jessops the best place to go, to buy a camera in this price range?

Thansk alot dan (manchester)

2. Default

Hello,

I just had a look at reviews of the D5000 and the 500D. It seems that the 500D has more fuctionalities: more ISO, better LCD, better viewfinder, ... But the D5000 has a better autofocus and it seems that the image quality is better too.

I recomend you to buy a D5000 because the image quality is better. It's more important than having a lot of functionalities.

Eric

The Canon is marginally the better camera in our view, but not by a lot. The D5000 is a great value twin lens kit. You'd have to spend 770 by my research to get the 500D as a twin lens kit.