Hybrid View

Smile What to buy? Canon 550D (kit ||) or Nikon D5000?

Hi, I'm new here and I wanted some help finding my perfect DSLR camera! I have to choises in mind, the Canon 550D (kit ||) and the Nikon D5000. You see I just don't know which one to choose?I mean everytime I find something new about them it makes it even more difficult to choose!!
    Please help me if you can!
    Thank you!

If anyone can help, please reply!! Please!

Images

I would recommend the EOS 550D over the D5000. It's a more expensive camera, but I found the ISO range, focussing system and HD video mode to be far superior. Here's my review if you like to have a perusal; http://whatdigitalcamera.co.uk/equip...0d-review.html

thank you so much Mat !! I'll be buying it soon!! and thanks again

Although Mattt, this is going to be my first dslr camera, so which on eis easier for a new comer??

Images

I'd say as far as ease of use is concerned the Nikon might be slightly simpler, purely because it has a built in guide mode which explains every function. In saying that, the Canon has a visual Creative Auto mode which allows for a more visual represntation of the settings you're changing. For example, instead of having a series of numbers to alter in order to blur the background of an image, you're presented with a pair of sliders in which you can alter the focus to just the subject, or subject and background. I found the EOS 550D very easy to get on with, and used the Creative Auto mode plenty of time when I was testing it.