Hi,

I'm fairly new here, I have been browsing the forum the last few days but decided to make it official. I'm from Australia and recently purchased my first copy of What Digital Camera while browsing at my local newsagent... and have been reading it ever since! Anyway, the reason for my thread is I have decided to get a Canon 550D. I've always been interested in photography but never owned a digital SLR of my own. I fortunately have had access to SLR cameras so I do have a fair understanding. I am currently using a Pentax K100 but would like to upgrade and of course have something of my own!

Lenses are my downfall... There are just way too many to choose from! I can either purchase the camera with a twin lens kit (18-55 & 55-250mm), or the standard kit (18-55mm) or should I get the body and select my own lenses that would be best for my interest? I'd like one that I can use for general portraits, landscapes etc. The other would be for my main interest, horses in competitions and water sports (boats towing skiers, etc). The lens on the Pentax is a Sigma 18-125mm 3.5-5.6 and doesn't quite have enough zoom or focus.

What two lenses would you recommend I start out with?

Nicole