Default Help What Camera to buy

Hi Guys, new to all this Photography lark....

Need some help choosing a camera for my design agency

One thing the camera needs to do is produce images like below, thats why im buying one really for our website etc, but it would be nice to be able to take some great outdoor shots too.

Here's a mish mash of cameras I have bid or looked at on ebay - probably barking up wrong tree but need some advice! do i go DSLR (more ) or Bridge?

Olympus E-500 or E-400
    Olympus SP-550
    Fuji Finepix S6500
    Fuji Finepix S9600
    Panasonic Lumix FZ18 or FZ50
    Canon PowerShot S3 IS
    Canon PowerShot G7

anyone have any other advice or models that would suit our need???? I don't want to go overkill spending silly money etc just want best bang for my buck!!! not even bothered if its a 4-5 year old model etc

You don't mention your budget, nor what style of camera you prefer (compact, bridge, DSLR), nor whether you want manual controls/focusing etc.

The cameras you've bid for vary wildly in type and complexity, which suggests you don't really know what you want.

The good news is virtually any camera can take the kind of pictures you posted, and used at web size, so if that's all you need then virtually anything would do the job.

As Nigel said
    "The good news is virtually any camera can take the kind of pictures you posted, and used at web size, so if that's all you need then virtually anything would do the job. "

I've shot pics like yours on a simple Nikon Coolpix 4500 (2002). The best feature being the swivel screen which allowed me to get the camera right above the documents whilst viewing from a comfortable angle.

The Panasonic FZ50 offers that feature

Sorry, Budget is upto 300 but just want to buy something that will give me best bang for buck....

probably want bridge or dslr? i dunno lol im a newbie!

Default Nikon Coolpix P6000

Quote Originally Posted by rugnugdo View Post
    Sorry, Budget is upto 300 but just want to buy something that will give me best bang for buck....

probably want bridge or dslr? i dunno lol im a newbie!
    The FZ50 was a bridge camera and was going for under 300, but I can't find one now

Never mind, I've found this one from Nikon for you - Coolpix P600 for around 280 - far too cheap (search Google)

It has a larger sensor than most compacts so is capable of excellent results.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/digita...olPix-P6000/p1

http://www.europe-nikon.com/en_GB/pr...ery=l3&ID=1635

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=Niko...ix+P6000&s=int

Enjoy

Last edited by Chris Cool; 04-03-10 at 10:12 PM.

bought a Nikon Coolpix 8700 and really disapointed with it to be honest!

Bought it off ebay for just over 100 after reading good reviews etc and knew it was slightly dated but thought it would do the trick.... but having played around with it for a while I'm kind of fed up and confused? its seriously complicated software and not very beginner friendly so will be going back on ebay....

The shots I took to get the above look of our work were very poor, the auto focus was blurry etc why was this? does this camera lack something needed for shots like above or is it just me?

The only DSLR you can get for 300 is the Sony Alpha 230. While this is a good camera it doesn't focus any closer than about half a metre so you may need to at least buy a supplementary close-up lens to screw onto the front which will cost an extra 20-30 or so.
    But from the experiences you've had it seems a camera that gives you some control over the focus and exposure will be less frustrating for you in the long run.