Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got a D80!!

Images

Talking Got a D80!!

me very , no extremly happy person.

i have and still have the D50 and D70 but now the D80 is going to be the main camera

some first shots..with it

Images

i'm very envious of the quality, my k7 is too

damn you pentax i knew i should have chosen the d90

Images

Default Or you should have chosen the D80

Quote Originally Posted by shaun2k View Post
    i'm very envious of the quality, my k7 is too:

damn you pentax i knew i should have chosen the d90
    Hi Shaun .. Thanksa for replying it is the Nikon D80 i have aquired

You can still get it http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-10-2MP-D.../dp/B000HGIWN4 for a wopping Price: $1,899.95 (body and lens)

mine is bought second hand from a friend for just 200 euro at 12398 clicks :

the first impressions are verygood i like it a lot more than the D90 (which has onboard video
    wich i think does noet belong in dlsr

greets Dirk-Jan

Images

Yeah i said the d90, as its what i was going to try and get if i didnt choose the K7, i wish i had now, seeing nikons very nice image quality, you were very lucky to get one for 200 euro's though, i'm mega excited for you...bargain..

can i ask, what method of resizing you do for your photo's here, as they have retained a real good pin sharp feel to them, even as small as they are...would be very interested to know..

It's also a very nicely laid out slr, i like it, i just dont get the same feel with my K7, i like the build, but i can already see differences in !Q from what you have posted.

thanks nikonian

shaun2k
    Last edited by shaun2k; 09-02-10 at 11:08 AM.

Images

Default resizing

Hi Shaun!

Well they are all medium photo's from my flickr page , i upload them there from the jpeg's and flickr resizes that automatically even in medium format you still see the amazing qualtiy

yeah i know that the D90 is the succesor of the D80 , but even if they gave me money to buy it i would bring it back and buy a d80 (if i had not done that allready)

i am pleasant surprised of the D80 thought that my files would only be bigger and not increase that much in qualtiy too

Me a very happy camper

Images

Ok thanks for the info..

Been anywhere with your cam yet to have an in depth play?

Took mine out yesterday, pleased with the results

Images

Default D80 update

Quote Originally Posted by shaun2k View Post
    Ok thanks for the info..

Been anywhere with your cam yet to have an in depth play?

Took mine out yesterday, pleased with the results
    Hi Shaun,

No at this moment i'll have a new job and it is 90km from home and yesterday it took me 4 freaking hrs to come home , now 02:48 early awake have to prepare myself for yet another day of extreme long day ..

perhaps in the weekend but else it may sleep in my room waiting for me to gently wake it up for a shoot

Images

Smile Got a D80

Hi Nikonian & Shaun. I've had my D80 for a couple of years or so, and its the best piece of kit that i've ever used ! I wouldn't bother with a D90 as I have absolutely no use for "Live view" or "Video Capture". The sheer quality of the results from the D80 completely overwhelm any camera that I have used previously, including 35mm film cameras. I shoot at low ISO's mostly, (around 200iso) & using the 16 - 85 Nikon zoom the sharpness, clarity & exposure are brilliant. You won't regret buying this camera, good luck, & happy shooting.http://www.whatdigitalcamera.com/for...lies/smile.gif

Images

Default thanks wana5d-II

Hi welcome from me.. to this place . it is indeed a great camera , if you got any tips how small they may seem about the D80 i gladly welcome them.

nikonian aka dirk

Images

Default Using that D80

You have got the technology now. From now on its up to you to use your eyes, your brain, & get those creative juices flowing ! Lets see a few pic's in the "Gallery".