Hybrid View

Images

Default Shaun2k's Photo Diary

Instead of putting photographs in lots of dfferent threads, i decided to do a photo Diary, in which i will pick one photo per day to put in this thread.

Since the age of 10 or so, my love for Photography has kept me sane through my teens and twenties and into my thirties. I will add, i'm not that much better then when i started, only my camera has grown and transformed into somthing new.

Today is the 2nd of Febuary, and ive been out taking some shots, i went to my shooting place at 6 this morning, in hope of finding some deer to chase around, and to get some landscape snaps here in cornwall,

Well no Deer, but i did hear one running around in the woods, just not my day i suppose.
    I usually take my collie Booth with me to stop me from being scared, as its a little creepy, the owls scare me to death as they hoot away right behind you, but today i didnt take Booth.

I lost the bolt out of my monopod on the way there also, but took my velborn as well as a backup.
    The light was pretty normal this morning, and i found my self interested in the stream that flows through the valley as it was steaming away, i found a nice spot with a fence and a small part of the stream showing, i pitched up and took this shot after a bit of messing around.

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o...omposition.jpg

Other cool stuff that happened today

Google used a norman Rockwell picture as thier banner, i havent seen his photorealism artwork in ages...check him out, he's an American 50's artrist.

My 8gb sdhc card came today from amazon only a class 6 one but hey, beggers cant be choosers, and you can't complain with 13.99 either.

Moderators Note: Your image has been changed to a link as it exceed the 200k filesize limit for the WDC Forums.
    Last edited by Fen; 03-02-10 at 10:24 AM.

Images

2rd of Febuary 2010 - Bad weather

Today the weather was really bad down here in Cornwall, i found my self lazing around and irritable, i managed this shot outside when the sun briefly came through..

[URL=http://s121.photobucket.com/albums/o207/shaun2k2/?action=view&current=Leafwithfrost.jpg][/URL]

Other things that happened today, i eventually got my lens hood and its a plastic thread one, ive nearly threaded it already...tut...

Got 2 free 8gb sandisc sdhc cards from Rapidshare today...i like free..free is good.
    Last edited by shaun2k; 04-02-10 at 12:25 AM.

Images

3rd of Febuary 2010

Today was just as bad as yesterday weather wise, i went out to the local church, and took some shots, light was unpleasing, and i had to revert to editing, to pull some shots out of what i shuttered off.

http://s121.photobucket.com/albums/o...leyessepia.jpg

Had an issue with focus today, which seems to have stopped, but every shot was fussy, and i think the weather didnt help.

I noticed some photographers out from their hiding place, taking pictures of a st johns ambulance couple, must of been married, it was good to see anyways..

Found some new graffiti in town also, terrible, and does not even make sense..

http://s121.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=Graffiti.jpg

Other things that happened...

My microfibre Cleaning cloth didnt turn up...needed it today as well

Come up with an ingenious system to clean booth's feet after he's been in the garden, and got his paws muddy,.

Images

4th of February

Today the weather was better, i went out this morning and did some night shots at around 3.30am..
    Very tired but i could test my pentax out under low light conditions.

Armed with the tripod, i went into town looking for some good light,hiding about the place, i rattled off 60 shots or there abouts, selecting different shutter speeds and general tinkering.

Went over to the flyover to get some light trails of the cars at that time of morning as its usually busy, hands got cold and i retreated back to the house about 5:45

Checked the shots out and was not happy with my results, so after that i decided to start from scratch.

i snapped the cat today, as a little mid day play, with the pentax, he was asleep so an easy target..

http://s121.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=IMGP0802.jpg

Other things that happened:

My little boy got Lice from the kid next door.... i suppose it happens...my girlfriend went on this mission and fussing like he was ill, and proceeded to cut his hair off...just look at his face....poor lad, i found it strangely amusing.
    http://s121.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=IMGP1010.jpg

And my microfibre cloth turned up, its ok, but leaves tiny hairs on my lens, but i did get two for one
    Last edited by shaun2k; 06-02-10 at 04:45 AM.

Images

10th of February 2010

I've been real busy with various things since the last post here..

So today you get a few pics from the last couple of days to make up for it.

I went to Looe my local fishing harbour day before last, and set myself a goal, and a tough one at that,, the weather was cold and windy, sea had a lot of activity, and the light was terrible.

Tried to get a nice coastal Landscape, in between freezing and getting wet, captured this shot, which is not amazing but the best i could get.

Captured on K7 with 18-55mm kit lens at f 8.0 1/125s 20mm iso 100

Later that night i went crazy... and snapped myself in an un-flattering situation...

Sundy i took booth out for a mega walk, and he kept whining the whole way, as i was stopping every 5 mins to note the light and pics.

F5.6 18-55mm kit lens iso 100 at 1/100th 55mm

Other things that have happened..

I won 2 x 80-200mm lenses for 15.00 +5 postage both mint
    Got a new card reader from Argos for 9.99 and it works well if a little expensive

Images

10th and a half of February 2010

aghhhh i missed it, i had to shoot this from the window....i was at the beach as well a couple of hours before

bummer...: