PDA

View Full Version : What Camera? im a newbie

Jay-Producer
13-01-10, 07:37 PM
Hi everyone,

Im pretty much useless when it comes to choosing a camera. So help is much appreciated to point me in the right direction.

I bought my first digital camera 2-years ago and used it to take pictures (obviously) when I was traveling abroad. I still use it to this day. It is lightweight and very easy to use which I love. The picture quality is not so good though, particularly in the dark (very poor). It is the Fujitsu FinePix F40FD

I'm looking to upgrade it now.

I like my ease of use and lightweight portable cameras. So it has to be fairly small.

It must be a good all rounder capable of taking pictures in bright light as well as in dark places. The F40FD was terrible for that.

Must be under 200.

Any suggestions?

Jay-Producer
15-01-10, 07:15 AM
Anyone?

To help a little I did some research and narrowed my search down to these:

Canon IXUS 870 IS
Panasonic DMC FS7
Panasonic DMC FS15

All are very similar in picture quality. All seem to capture picture with natural colors and not too bright, although the FS15 seemed a little dark on close-ups (indoors).

Mike Lowe
04-02-10, 12:58 PM
Anyone?

To help a little I did some research and narrowed my search down to these:

Canon IXUS 870 IS
Panasonic DMC FS7
Panasonic DMC FS15

All are very similar in picture quality. All seem to capture picture with natural colors and not too bright, although the FS15 seemed a little dark on close-ups (indoors).

Can't really go wrong with either. The FS7 and FS15 are very similar to one another anyway. Canon and Panasonic both make great compacts, so see what takes your fancy the most - I'd imagine look, feel and price will all come to your attention here too.