PDA

View Full Version : Please help or advise

Christina
23-12-09, 10:51 AM
Hello everyone, I am looking for some buying advice.
I need a new camera and have decided on either the Sony DSC-HX1 or the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ38.

I dont have a great knowledge on the subject of cameras. I cant make my mind up. Please, please, if you can help me then please reply.

Christina :):)

Nigel Atherton
23-12-09, 11:30 AM
Hi,
Without wishing to sit on the fence these are two of the best bridge cameras out there and although we haven't compared them side by side I'd say their performance is probably closely matched. If there are any differences in image quality you'd probably have to study them closely at high magnification to see them, which you're probably not going to do.

The Sony does have the advantage of some pretty cool burst technology that allows you to create a stitched panoramic shot in a single sweep or a blur-free (ish) low light action shot. If you're likely to do either of these things this may swing it in favour of the Sony. The Panasonic doesn't do any party tricks like this but does deliver good solid performance.

The single most important criteria, which only you can judge, is how the cameras feel in your hand. Which one do you like the look and feel of? At the end of the day, both cameras received our Gold Award in our tests and you won't be disappointed with either of them.

Christina
30-12-09, 08:15 AM
Thanks Nigel:)