PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic G5 Compact System Camera

claireb
25-02-14, 08:09 AM
Checked it out in shops yesterday think its ideal one for me hold.

Got viewfinder that be useful and similar build to a dslr.

Price 289 does anyone know twin lens deal anymore or good price for extra lens?

Is this good value for price got 500 to spend

Thanks for any tips

wave
27-02-14, 07:05 AM
hi you are well one the way to it being right now what do you shot

claireb
27-02-14, 08:54 AM
hi you are well one the way to it being right now what do you shot

I want be able to take close up and like take sunsets so landscape.

I only ever want 2 lens will be always able pick lens up with csc as I know limited. Plus if I upgraded camera in few years to another Panasonic should be able keep lens?

Just think this model ideal nice hand size only got little hands lol

wave
27-02-14, 10:28 AM
looking at the price it seems reasonable to me check it out on google

claireb
01-03-14, 06:24 PM
looking at the price it seems reasonable to me check it out on google

Anyone bought of Wilkinson Cameras its cheaper on there site would recommend?

wave
02-03-14, 03:41 PM
this a local store for me they are really good

claireb
17-03-14, 10:32 PM
this a local store for me they are really good

Thanks Wave was in currys and was told Olympus lenses are compatible with Panasonic so could be useful.

Huw Williams
18-03-14, 08:28 AM
For wide angle lenses you will be fine with Olympus on a Panasonic camera. For telephoto, which is anything over 50mm in m4/3 in my opinion, stick with Panasonic lenses due to these having image stabilisation built in where Olympus lenses don't.

claireb
18-03-14, 09:03 AM
Thanks for the advice not many Panasonic lenses I can afford and only want 2 I think. The 45-150 which is just under 200 right now.

Huw Williams
18-03-14, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the advice not many Panasonic lenses I can afford and only want 2 I think. The 45-150 which is just under 200 right now.

Look for alternatives. I bought a G6 complete with 14/140, which does everything I personally need apart from macro, for a very sweet price just before Christmas.

claireb
18-03-14, 11:39 AM
Look for alternatives. I bought a G6 complete with 14/140, which does everything I personally need apart from macro, for a very sweet price just before Christmas.

Well havnt bought the G5 yet think will go get soon tho as good deal and just one lens with be enough while figure out camera as alot to take in. Also need purchase a bag, filter protecter for the lens.

It's new world for me. Got 400/500 to spend max.

Huw Williams
18-03-14, 04:44 PM
There are currently very few special offers or seasonal incentives to buy cameras. This might be due to the imminent arrival of the Summer season and possibly a greater demand for cameras.
The G5 is undoubtedly a good camera and seems to be easier to find than the newer G6 in shops at the moment. I'm sure you will be very happy with one.

claireb
18-03-14, 04:59 PM
There are currently very few special offers or seasonal incentives to buy cameras. This might be due to the imminent arrival of the Summer season and possibly a greater demand for cameras.
The G5 is undoubtedly a good camera and seems to be easier to find than the newer G6 in shops at the moment. I'm sure you will be very happy with one.

Thanks for replying again. Would you buy now or wait til easter etc?

Huw Williams
18-03-14, 07:46 PM
Thanks for replying again. Would you buy now or wait til easter etc?

Really not sure. All I know is that I paid a bit less for my G6 than what the G5 costs today and that was just before Christmas. Not sure how 'they' did it, but the offer was repeated several times and was genuine and even now sounds too good to be true.
With patience and by being observant and quick you will find good deals every now and again.

claireb
18-03-14, 08:54 PM
Really? That hell of a deal a bargain with added feature of wifi. Were did buy from dont mind me asking? Need look into lens filter protection too

Really not sure. All I know is that I paid a bit less for my G6 than what the G5 costs today and that was just before Christmas. Not sure how 'they' did it, but the offer was repeated several times and was genuine and even now sounds too good to be true.
With patience and by being observant and quick you will find good deals every now and again.

Huw Williams
18-03-14, 09:47 PM
Really? That hell of a deal a bargain with added feature of wifi. Were did buy from dont mind me asking? Need look into lens filter protection too

The deal was from Amazon.co.uk during what they called 'lightening deals' running up to Christmas. This particular deal had quite a following after the first time and very many people sprang into action to grab a bargain.
It has not been repeated this year and the current price is known to you in all probability.

claireb
19-03-14, 07:08 AM
Cool deal great spot I wasnt looking at deals then as moving house before xmas. Was a crazy time!

The deal was from Amazon.co.uk during what they called 'lightening deals' running up to Christmas. This particular deal had quite a following after the first time and very many people sprang into action to grab a bargain.
It has not been repeated this year and the current price is known to you in all probability.

claireb
28-04-14, 11:10 AM
Just one last question regarding the G5.

Is the viewfinder good on these cameras? I been told one type of viewfinder has loads dots. Think someone I know tho is refering to his Panasonic Bridge camera.

Been waiting for a twin lens deal. Looks like go with just the one lens. I was told when was in Newcastle Olympus lens are Compatible with the Panasonic Lumix CSC Cameras. Not sure if go well tho something to consider.