PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone, another newbie here.

SlimSylv
08-01-14, 01:48 AM
I hope someone can help me. I have a Samsung compact model S630....I really need it just to record images of the jewellery I make, to show on Etsy.....
I have a problem. It doesn't seem to matter what type of batteries I put in there, it either tells me 'low battery' or will take about 5 shots then say again 'low battery' . I have tried several types of batteries, & yes Lithium, but it still has this problem, it's very frustrating. I'm not very technically minded, I'm afraid....anyone got any ideas for me, please?

:confused:
Happy New Year to all...
Sylvia

graham_c
08-01-14, 05:13 PM
Hi, welcome to the forum. You could try resetting the camera, menu-settings- reset, and looking at battery compartment including the terminals to see if they are clogged up. I have to say though I think it might be new camera time. Good luck... Graham

Pabphotos
08-01-14, 06:07 PM
From one newbie to another, WELCOME!!!

wave
09-01-14, 07:50 AM
hi this camera is quite old and may just be at the end of its life. what i would don is clean the battery contacts and if that fails you could look at trying some sanyo envelop batteries

SlimSylv
12-01-14, 03:59 AM
Hi, Graham thanks for the tips, I will do this ASAP.....It's only 2 years old, & hardly used, (in the scheme of other people's camera use)....Loved your Quote.....
Many thanks
Sylvia
:cool:

SlimSylv
12-01-14, 04:03 AM
Hi, other newbie! Sorry, I hit some weird keys that took me on a wonderful ride around my computer....not....lol
Thanks for the welcome,
Happy New Year
Sylvia :p

SlimSylv
12-01-14, 04:21 AM
Hi, Wave...I believe the camera is only about 2 years old, well, maybe 3, but has hardly been used, I always take the batteries out when I've finished using it, & It's only been used outside the house about 3 times....It developed this problem about 15 months after I received it as a gift....I will try the clean the terminals thingy, then maybe I can source a cheapie one with a li-lon battery....although all my research tells me that the price of cheapie cameras has risen quite a bit, so I might just have to wait until I get one as a gift..sigh....thanks for the tips, I really appreciate all the lovely replies I have received...Happy New Year to you all...
Sylvia
:)

NRoberts
12-01-14, 10:15 AM
Hi, Wave...I believe the camera is only about 2 years old, well, maybe 3, but has hardly been used, I always take the batteries out when I've finished using it, & It's only been used outside the house about 3 times....It developed this problem about 15 months after I received it as a gift....I will try the clean the terminals thingy, then maybe I can source a cheapie one with a li-lon battery....although all my research tells me that the price of cheapie cameras has risen quite a bit, so I might just have to wait until I get one as a gift..sigh....thanks for the tips, I really appreciate all the lovely replies I have received...Happy New Year to you all...
Sylvia
:)

The S630 was launched 7 years ago - http://www.dpreview.com/news/2007/01/07/samsungs630s730, so if you've only had yours 2 or 3 years, it must've been sitting around somewhere for a very long time indeed first, given what a short on-sale life compact cameras have.

SlimSylv
13-01-14, 12:13 AM
Hi, thanks for the info, I am reliably informed by my partner that it was 5 years ago, bought from Bing Lee @ Haymarket, Sydney store! (Xmas gift) Just shows what happens to one's memory the older one gets....So if that info was correct, then it must have been as you suggested. Not a good seller & sitting around for a couple of years......I'm not a big fan of Samsung, (except for my new-ish mobile phone), having several of their products fail on me in the past....so looks like new camera time for me....do you agree that I should get one with a li-lon battery? As I am a pensioner, I can't afford an expensive one....any suggestions would help a lot.

Thanks for your time
Sylvia

wave
13-01-14, 06:42 AM
Cheap option here is to try some new rechargeable batteries

graham_c
13-01-14, 10:39 AM
Hi
If it's new camera time I would look one with a li-on battery, they can be picked up at a reasonable price