PDA

View Full Version : Best camra for accurate colour in close up photos?

SarahN
31-12-13, 02:47 PM
Hi,

I was hoping I might be able to get a little advice. I am looking to purchase a better camera for my needs. I run a small online business from home which requires me to photograph beads in lots of different colour shades. I often need photos of the same bead type in 30 - 40 different colours. As items are small I use the macro setting.

I am currently using a Canon IXUS 220HS but have great difficulty in getting accurate colour. I always photograph in natural light (items placed on white paper). Although the camera photographs greens and oranges well, it is impossible to get an accurate representation of pinks, purples and blues - I resort to trying to edit the photos but still struggle to get colour matches (the colours aren't just a little different - they are completely different shades).

I have tried a Fujifilm finepix F20LE and also my parents cameras which are similar - all have been better at photographing one or two colours more accurately and produce completely different shades for other colours.

I have spent time trying to find information on the internet but in all honesty there is so much out there and so many contrasting reviews that it's hard to know where to start.

Is there a particular camera type or brand that is better for these types of photos?

I've noticed some half price offers around at the moment for DSLR cameras.... a Nikon D3200 and a Canon EOS 1100D .....would something like this be better?

thank you