JH Foto
10-12-13, 05:55 PM
Help with Layers in Elements 11, I need layers for dumys...:o:o

wave
11-12-13, 07:04 AM
whats is your problem and what are you trying to do

JH Foto
11-12-13, 07:45 AM
When I have created the layer how do I save it before moving on to the next one...?

wave
11-12-13, 01:43 PM
no it becomes part of the picture as long as you save it in tiff or psd format. consider a layer as a piece of glass you can do what you like to it

JH Foto
11-12-13, 01:55 PM
Yes I understand that but I cannot fathom how to save the layer and move on to the next layer...?

wave
11-12-13, 03:46 PM
you don't save it only at the end just add a new layer. what are trying to do

JH Foto
11-12-13, 05:58 PM
Got it sorted now, I think............:o

Tillerykid
19-12-13, 03:16 AM
Hi JH
First of all where are the jokes, I'm missing them. Right layers, I got in a right muddle with this, when you add a layer to your original shot you can continue to add more as you require. I use layers for levels, colour balance, hue/saturation, exposure etc in CS3, when you have finished with your layers you have to flatten them, then save as a Tiff. If you require to edit the Tiff again no quality will be lost as they are non destructive unlike a Jpeg, when you have finished the editing turn the Tiff into a Jpeg, that file size will take up less room on your computers hard drive. "Tip" get an external hard drive and save the Tiffs on there, that way you have got a digital negative. If you ever want to go back to that shot or any others you have got it.
Have a look at this tutorial it covers CS5, however, you should learn from it. This is the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnGZf_9UDNw&noredirect=1
All The Best
TK