PDA

View Full Version : X20 or Nx1000? did anyone use samsung camera before?

Ck kok
15-07-13, 03:18 AM
Hello, nice to meet you all. Actually i am still a student but looking for mid-range cost camera. I had discover the amaizing specification of Fujifilm X20 from people blog but when i went to camera shop, they introduced me samsung nx1000 with interchangeable lens, impressive large image sensor(APS- C) and almost the same price with X20! (Cost about 1600 ringgit malaysia) what kind of camera that you suggested me to buy? I like shallow DOP picture and people said that larger image sensor will produce beautiful DOP picture. but X20 only with 2/3" of sensor...... Other way should I use the money buy used DSLR camera? Thank you for your advise!

wave
15-07-13, 07:43 AM
hi and welcome i would look at getting more info on other makes of cameras as you have looked into interchangeable lenses. check out the canon and nikon range they have the largest range of lenses available including 3rd party ones. DSLR's will focus quick too. come back if you need more help

Huw Williams
26-07-13, 09:01 PM
Hello, nice to meet you all. Actually i am still a student but looking for mid-range cost camera. I had discover the amaizing specification of Fujifilm X20 from people blog but when i went to camera shop, they introduced me samsung nx1000 with interchangeable lens, impressive large image sensor(APS- C) and almost the same price with X20! (Cost about 1600 ringgit malaysia) what kind of camera that you suggested me to buy? I like shallow DOP picture and people said that larger image sensor will produce beautiful DOP picture. but X20 only with 2/3" of sensor...... Other way should I use the money buy used DSLR camera? Thank you for your advise!

I have both these cameras. In the UK the X20 costs twice what the NX1000 costs. Obviously the Samsung has a far bigger sensor, so potentially has better picture quality in low light, but in all honesty the X20 is very good unless you blow the pictures up very big.

The NX1000 has interchangeable lenses, with the standard kit lens being a short zoom, which means it hardly has any zoom at all. 20-50. It can be zoomed further digitally, which is quite acceptable given the resolution this camera shoots. Additional lenses are very expensive but in the UK you could buy an additional lens and still be within the price of the X20. It can be slow to autofocus in certain light. It is slow to clear its buffers after taking a high speed burst.
I have a 20mm prime lens as well as the 20-50 and find that the pancake prime makes it fit a pocket even better than the X20.

Obviously the X20 is more compact and has a greater zoom range, 28-118 if I remember correctly, not sure if that is APS-C equivalent or 35mm without research. But the important thing is that it is an useful lens and reasonably bright. But you are stuck with it.

The build quality of both is good but the NX1000 looks cheaper and is all plastic while the X20 is a beautiful machine that provides a real feel-good factor and satisfaction.

Both cameras have very good advanced features that should satisfy most photographers.

If both are the same price I would buy the X20, but they are quite different cameras. I sorted the problem by choosing both. The NX1000 tends to be more of a knock-about camera for general use and the X20 for more formal occasions, but both are used regularly because both are very nice to use.