PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop CS5 vs CS3

Tillerykid
10-07-13, 11:44 PM
What benefits would I gain from upgrading from my current Photoshop CS3 to CS5.
Kind Regards
TK

graham_c
11-07-13, 01:13 PM
Hi TK.
I upgraded from CS3 to CS5 for me the main things are content aware and better dodge and burn brush tools no need for new layes with overlay blend modes, it also runs faster. Photoshop CS6 has been out for a while now, I haven't got it but will be getting CS7 as soon as it's out... Graham

DanCart
13-07-13, 10:20 PM
Hi TK.
I upgraded from CS3 to CS5 for me the main things are content aware and better dodge and burn brush tools no need for new layes with overlay blend modes, it also runs faster. Photoshop CS6 has been out for a while now, I haven't got it but will be getting CS7 as soon as it's out... Graham

remember there wont be any CS7 coming out , CS6 was the last and the only avenue ahead is Creative Cloud :)

graham_c
14-07-13, 04:32 PM
Thanks for that Dan

wave
15-07-13, 07:53 AM
yes the next release will be by subscription so get cs6 while you can

Tillerykid
15-07-13, 04:19 PM
What benefits would I gain from upgrading from my current Photoshop CS3 to CS5.
Kind Regards
TK
Thanks Graham, what do you mean by content aware and overlay blend modes please? I can get a CS5 upgrade on EBay for 225 is that a good price?
ATB
TK

graham_c
15-07-13, 07:28 PM
Hi TK

Because the dodge burn tools on CS3 are not very good, when I used them I would make a new layer go layer new layer, then click on the mode drop down list and select overlay then tick the fill with 50% grey, a grey coloured layer will appear, this is the layer you will be working on with your dodge and burn tools. I found I used this all the time when I had CS3. The content aware tool is mainly for taking unwanted things out of your photos. It does do other thing though, 220 for a CS5 seems reasonable, why not get CS6 though. Regards ... Graham

Tillerykid
15-07-13, 10:58 PM
It costs 600 at least, so to expensive.
ATB
TK

graham_c
16-07-13, 09:28 AM
Couldn't you get in as an upgrade?

Tillerykid
16-07-13, 02:15 PM
Couldn't you get in as an upgrade?

As far as I know you can't upgrade from CS3 to CS6, the stepping stone is to upgrade to CS5 first.
ATB
TK

graham_c
16-07-13, 10:17 PM
I was on the adobe site, your right it is too big a jump, but you can upgrade from CS5 to CS6 for 188,download only though. I might go for this only because I'm not keen on cloud... Graham

Tillerykid
17-07-13, 09:17 PM
Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended, what does the extended mean please.
ATB
TK

graham_c
19-07-13, 08:43 PM
Photoshop extended, gives you quite a lot of extras, It does a lot more in 3d and if you edit a lot of videos this will suit you... Graham

Tillerykid
21-07-13, 11:04 PM
Photoshop extended, gives you quite a lot of extras, It does a lot more in 3d and if you edit a lot of videos this will suit you... Graham

Hi Graham, I bought this off Amazon the other day (Photoshop CS6 Extended Student/Teacher Edition) for 217. I'm also going to do a photography course in September at college, so I'll get the student credentials then, which will allow me to register the product and get the activation code. Sadly its got to go away then as its a Xmas present, by the way i like your micro insect shots.
ATB
TK