PDA

View Full Version : Converter advice

Necbob
10-03-13, 12:33 PM
Hi. New to this forum and hope someone can help me. I have a D300 and have been looking at a 2x converter
And would like to know if it would work with my camera. The converter is. Nikon TC-201 2x.. Hope someone can advise me.
Thanks bobby.

graham_c
10-03-13, 07:52 PM
Hi Necbob, welcome to the forum
I would help if we new the lens you are thinking on using

Necbob
10-03-13, 08:15 PM
Sorry. Been looking at the 300mm f2.8 lenses. A bit out of my league but I do have a
Sigma 70-200mmD 2.8 APO DG HSM. This is a nice lens and would get me on the road
Till my lottery numbers come in. Thanks for taking time to reply.
Bobby.

graham_c
11-03-13, 12:47 PM
Hi When you get your lotto win the 300 prime will work no problem with a t/c.
The sigma 70 200 will work all right on a X2 tele convertor, my only concern would be it will make your images softer.

To get better image quality you would be better getting a 1.4 t/c

This link shows the sigma t/c friendly lenses http://www.sigmaphoto.com/teleconverter-compatibility. Hoipe this helps ... Graham

Necbob
11-03-13, 05:51 PM
Hi Graham. Thank you for your time and advise. Been looking through your portfolio and you take a great
Photo. One day I hope to reach the same standard. I have been a member of mourgfile a photo website if
And when you get time would like to here your views. User name bobby..
Once again thank you so much.
Bobby.

graham_c
11-03-13, 05:58 PM
Hi Of coarse I will I'm going out tonight but will look tomorrow and reply tomorrow night Regards ... Graham

graham_c
12-03-13, 05:02 PM
Hi Bob
Just looked at your site and really enjoyed it .I really liked your insects, and birds , what really caught my eye was your stain glass windows. You make a great job of a difficult subject. Wells done and thanks for sharing. This is my link for Flickr please feel free to look and comment. Regards ... Graham

Necbob
12-03-13, 05:21 PM
Thanks Graham. Your comments mean a great deal to me. Comments from a true photographer like you gives me the inspiration to go out and do sites like this proud.
Thanks bobby.

Necbob
12-03-13, 05:27 PM
Hi Graham please send me the flickr link again please. Bobby

graham_c
12-03-13, 07:45 PM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/boasonsmate/

Sorry my fault I copied it without pasting... Graham

Necbob
13-03-13, 11:23 AM
Hi Graham. Been through your flikr account and have just added to my lottery win must do list. First off love all your work. Great b/w photos big fan of the glass lady 1st class. Back to my list. Must visit your part of the world very envious. Once again Graham love your work. Take care.
Bobby.