PDA

View Full Version : Slight Overexposure On Foreground

Tillerykid
06-11-12, 01:41 PM
Hi,

I took a lovely photograph yestaday of the "BRECON TO MONMOUTHSHIRE CANAL" unfortunately i had a slight spike in the exposure on the right hand side of the HISTORGRAM.
This reulted in the grass in the foreground being slightly overexposed.
Is there a way of correcting this without affecting other parts of the photograph, iv'e tried using a "DODGE & BURN" layer, burning the effected area, however, no success has been notice.

Kind Regards
Gary
:confused:

graham_c
06-11-12, 03:33 PM
there is a few ways to do this it would help if you put it on the site for us to see... graham

Tillerykid
06-11-12, 04:00 PM
How is that done Graham?

Kind Regards
Gary

graham_c
06-11-12, 04:54 PM
Hi Gary
Resize your photo make it smaller then go gallery your photo sounds like it is a landscape so click on landscapes then click upload a box will appear select your photo, then follow the promps... Graham

Tillerykid
06-11-12, 10:50 PM
Hi Graham,

Posted photograph in Gallery. Had to go as low as 1 in quality to get it to load. My problem area is the first bright area where the sun is hitting the fence and grass.
God the photo looks poor on here :eek:, so i hope you understand my concerns.

Kind Regards
Gary

wave
07-11-12, 07:02 AM
was the picture taken in jpg or raw

graham_c
07-11-12, 12:30 PM
Hi Gary I saw your photo and know what you mean
open your photo and duplicate your layer this is the layer you will be working on.
select your lasso tool and make a selection round the light parts of the grass
Now go select- modify- feather. in the feather rabus box type in 75 or there abouts and click ok
now go image- adjustments- levels(short cut press ctrl L at the same time) , a box will appear
under the histogram you will see 3 sliders one black, one grey and one white
now move the grey slide to the right until your happy, don't move the black or white sliders they will make it look unnatural, then flatten your image and it's done. any problems with it just let me know... Graham

Tillerykid
07-11-12, 03:19 PM
It was shot in Raw and converted to Jpeg.

Kind Regards
Gary

Tillerykid
07-11-12, 03:20 PM
Thanks for advice will have a look tonight, going to delete photo now as it looks awful.

Kind Regards
Gary

graham_c
07-11-12, 03:30 PM
Once it's been edited put it on and lets see it

Tillerykid
07-11-12, 04:04 PM
Ok, just resized the photo to 38mm x 25mm and coverted it to Jpeg, going to see if this resizing method is better than reducing quality in order to get it to load.

All The Best
Gay

Tillerykid
12-11-12, 06:32 PM
Hi Graham,

Your advice worked so many thanks once again. Used the technique on another shot of the canal and very pleased with results.
Have not posted photo on the gallery as i don't get on with the resizing to enable it to load.

Kind Regards
Gary
:)

graham_c
13-11-12, 11:22 AM
Glad you got it sorted out ... Graham