PDA

View Full Version : Sony RX100 - Saturated images indoor HELP!!

aircanman
27-09-12, 12:04 AM
Wonder if someone can help me!! I am giving up the DSLR gear and bought a DSC-RX100 which is supposed to be pretty much the best compact available, but I am having issues when shooting in the house.

When taking pics with the flash, for example of the kids, their blonde hair is almost turning orange, the skin colour is not natural and again orangey.

The lighting is a warm fluorescent energy saving bulb, so I assume white balance is the problem, but it doesn't seem to want to play ball, some images are just too cool, and some are too warm, does anyone have any tips or advice for me?

For some reason my 600D just managed to deal with these things without issue!

wave
27-09-12, 07:49 AM
hi i would agree it sounds like white balance what have you got it set at. I know my 550d just handles it well in auto. you shoot in RAW and then change it but should be able to be set.

aircanman
27-09-12, 09:12 AM
hi i would agree it sounds like white balance what have you got it set at. I know my 550d just handles it well in auto. you shoot in RAW and then change it but should be able to be set.

Hi there, I would love to shoot in RAW but the amount of photos I have in my iPhoto library at the moment, it is already performing slow!! - I have it set on AWB, then the Fluorescent warm, it is the only thing that makes me want to send it back because otherwise it is a darn good camera.

wave
27-09-12, 10:20 AM
i use aperture and it is so much more than iphoto i would get that i have thousands in my library and my imac doesnt seem to slow down.
i dont know your camera but heres what i would do take a shot awb and then set it to the right wb see if theres a difference.