PDA

View Full Version : A good handheld / bridge for excellent video and images?

aircanman
02-05-12, 10:58 PM
Hey all, reading countless reviews and samples online, I just can not find out which is the best for perfect video and shots.

If money was no object, what would one do for the perfect compact/bridge?

I have owned the HX5V and currently have the HX9V + a 600D Canon, now the video in the HX9V is the closest to a camcorder I have found when it comes to video, but the still shots are very poor, often poorly exposed for a point and shoot in my opinion.

Obviously I know I wont get close to the 600d in image quality on the stills, but somewhere in between would be excellent.

I need superb video and superb images, is there such a camera out there?!

Chris Cool
02-05-12, 11:39 PM
I need superb video and superb images, is there such a camera out there?!Hi. Not that I know of in a compact/bridge, else I would have it :D

I'm still with the Panasonic TZ7 at the moment (cos I can't find anything to beat it in a compact), plus the Panasonic camcorder TM 60. I put one in one pocket and one int t'other pocket :D

Happy hunting!

aircanman
03-05-12, 11:07 AM
Hi. Not that I know of in a compact/bridge, else I would have it :D

I'm still with the Panasonic TZ7 at the moment (cos I can't find anything to beat it in a compact), plus the Panasonic camcorder TM 60. I put one in one pocket and one int t'other pocket :D

Happy hunting!

If you use a lot of video, try the HX9V - One of the best compacts producing video I have found.

Chris Cool
03-05-12, 02:29 PM
If you use a lot of video, try the HX9V - One of the best compacts producing video I have found.TBH, I don't shoot a lot of video and the TZ7 is pretty good anyway.

I was thinking of the HX9V, but have been disappointed with peoples comments on the stills. I don't have any such problems with the TZ7.

So, the search continues LOL

Cheers!

aircanman
03-05-12, 02:43 PM
TBH, I don't shoot a lot of video and the TZ7 is pretty good anyway.

I was thinking of the HX9V, but have been disappointed with peoples comments on the stills. I don't have any such problems with the TZ7.

So, the search continues LOL

Cheers!

I agree, stills are shocking on the HX9V - What is the video like with the TZ7? Is it as good as/better than the HX9V ?

Chris Cool
03-05-12, 03:20 PM
I agree, stills are shocking on the HX9V - What is the video like with the TZ7? Is it as good as/better than the HX9V ?The HX9V is less jerky than the TZ7 from the few samples I have seen. I'm using a class 6 Transcend memory card, so it should be able to handle the video. Might get a class 10 and check though thinking about it.

Of course, Sony have been at video a lot longer than Panasonic, so it should be good.

If your interested. I did some straight out the camera shots showing the zoom range of the TZ7. You can see if they are better than your getting with the HX9V Clicky (http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?71760-TZ7-zoom-range-%287-images%29&highlight=zoom)

Cheers!

aircanman
03-05-12, 10:22 PM
The HX9V is less jerky than the TZ7 from the few samples I have seen. I'm using a class 6 Transcend memory card, so it should be able to handle the video. Might get a class 10 and check though thinking about it.

Of course, Sony have been at video a lot longer than Panasonic, so it should be good.

If your interested. I did some straight out the camera shots showing the zoom range of the TZ7. You can see if they are better than your getting with the HX9V Clicky (http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?71760-TZ7-zoom-range-%287-images%29&highlight=zoom)

Cheers!

If I could put the stills of that TZ7 and the video of the Sony together I would be one happy man. There is something different when holding the sony and filming, so smoooth! Thanks for your help.