PDA

View Full Version : Advice on what camera to buy

Kalofer
25-04-12, 09:12 PM
Hello,

I am looking to buy a camera that excels in taking high quality macro pictures, the higher the quality of the zoom and picture the better, I would take pictures of the DNA of whatever it is I'm photographing if I could.
My budget goes as far as 500 pounds.
I am very new to this but am eager to learn every single feature of the camera I choose to buy though I need to be directed to one first.

Thank you for your time.

wave
26-04-12, 09:13 AM
Quick answer is get a DSLR and a macro lens problem is it will be more than your budget. The lens alone will be very costly. It depends how much quality you want

canismajor
26-04-12, 11:01 AM
Hello,

I am looking to buy a camera that excels in taking high quality macro pictures, the higher the quality of the zoom and picture the better, I would take pictures of the DNA of whatever it is I'm photographing if I could.
My budget goes as far as 500 pounds.
I am very new to this but am eager to learn every single feature of the camera I choose to buy though I need to be directed to one first.

Thank you for your time.
Hi. As a rule, high quality images are the end product of a high quality lens, and they cost a great deal of money. In many cases they cost many times the price of the camera. The Canon 180mm macro lens costs 1870 as an example. Most would agree that a DSLR camera will give excellent results with a good macro lens, the downside is the cost. Some bridge cameras have a macro facility but this needs to be on a 1:1 ratio. You could spend your money on a camera of this type, but you would likely wish you had saved up some more money to buy a DSLR. Have a look at the pics of Debzg in the gallery, and check out the camera she uses!. All the best.

graham_c
26-04-12, 04:47 PM
Hi
Iagree with the other posts , If you want high quality macro photos you will need a DSLR and a true macro lens some thing like the Sigma 105, It will cost more but it is money well spent... Graham