PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! Photography newbie

hollytree
19-02-12, 10:50 PM
Hi all

Thank you for taking the time to read this and hopefully reply. Basically i want to invest in a solid camera for recreational purposes; taking photos of anything/ anyone, experimenting using camera functions as well as online digital editing. I persue art and such as a keen hobby and would like to use more of my own images in my artwork.

I particulary want a camera thats capable of extreme closeups, good quality sharpness and some sort of function that can 'freeze' an action shot so i can capture the real guts of it before it disappears! I have a general idea of the kind of images i want to produce, so im looking for a camera that can fit this quota.

I am a beginners beginner on photography and have basic knowledge on digital cameras, so any articles, websites, courses recommened etc would be appreciated.

In the meanwhile take a look at some of the images i have posted areend let me know what you think. Much appreciated!:)

Hollytree

wave
20-02-12, 06:51 AM
hi and welcome, it would be easy to say get a DSLR but that may not suit can you give us an idea of your budget as it is pointless suggesting cameras until we know that

Charles
20-02-12, 05:49 PM
Hollytree

Take a look at www.karltaylorphotography.co.uk

You can get a free training course here with loads of helpfull information all for nothing and no pressure to buy either.

hope this helps

Charles

hollytree
21-02-12, 09:25 AM
Hi Wave

Well a camera thats 'cheap' or the cheapest most reliable DSLR out there i guess, ermmm budget wise, i literally just had a look and wow there expensive! Now i guess its 300-400

Hollytree

hollytree
21-02-12, 09:26 AM
Thanks Charles!