PDA

View Full Version : help needed in deciding my first digicam...

drsamratroy
28-01-12, 02:32 AM
Hi...i am from India...Hello friends,this is my first post here.have heard many good things about this forum.so i hope you peolple help me in deciding my first ever digicam.
I have a budget of 17,000.my requirements are good overall image quality,simple controls,good low-light performance and 1080HD video.I want a compact digicam which i can carry anywhere with me.
After doing some researching online i liked these cameras...Canon PowerShot SX230 HS , Sony Cybershot DSC HX7V , Nikon Coolpix S9100...On a different note i liked the features of Nikon Coolpix AW100...
Please i am hoping for a decider here...need to buy it soon...
P.S. the above-mentioned models are available in my country.

canismajor
28-01-12, 12:23 PM
Hi...i am from India...Hello friends,this is my first post here.have heard many good things about this forum.so i hope you peolple help me in deciding my first ever digicam.
I have a budget of 17,000.my requirements are good overall image quality,simple controls,good low-light performance and 1080HD video.I want a compact digicam which i can carry anywhere with me.
After doing some researching online i liked these cameras...Canon PowerShot SX230 HS , Sony Cybershot DSC HX7V , Nikon Coolpix S9100...On a different note i liked the features of Nikon Coolpix AW100...
Please i am hoping for a decider here...need to buy it soon...
P.S. the above-mentioned models are available in my country.
Hi there.
Welcome to the forum, before offering you any advice there is one thing I need to know, can you tell me the value of 17,000 rupees? in our UK currency please?.

drsamratroy
28-01-12, 02:40 PM
220 pounds....plz help...

canismajor
28-01-12, 05:42 PM
220 pounds....plz help...
Ok, first the Nikon S911, this camera only scored 82% in a recent test, and is over budget at 299.
In the What Digital Camera magazine, many cameras undergo testing and attract a score rating, it makes sense to choose a camera that scores highly. For example, the Canon IXUS 220 HS scored 90% and is summarised as "A creative, well- featured compact with a wide angle lens", and costs app 190.
May I suggest that you check out these tests yourself in this mag which will help you to decide which camera suits you best. All the best.

drsamratroy
29-01-12, 05:10 AM
my requirements are night-shots,should be compact,good video quality & something which is durable...

canismajor
29-01-12, 04:46 PM
my requirements are night-shots,should be compact,good video quality & something which is durable...
Looking at some tests, I think that the FUJIFILM S2800HD would suit your requirements. I have 2 cameras from FUJIFILM and find them 100% reliable, and also good performers, one is over 6 years old. The model I quote has a great zoom of 28-504mm, a 14 megapixel sensor which will give fine images, it has Image Stabilisation, and can shoot in low light at ISO 6400, HD Movie mode, and a 3 inch screen. The retail price here is about 199. It takes AA batteries which claim 300 shots before recharging. I hope this helps you. All the best.

drsamratroy
05-02-12, 02:39 AM
after a few days of research i have come down to canon powershot sx220hs and sony cybershot hx9v...what do you suggest in between these two...read in the user reviews that hx9v has gr8 video ability but aint as good as sx220 for images...further after-sales is better in canon as i heard as there has been some problems with the pop-up flash of hx9v...kindly put some light on it...

canismajor
05-02-12, 10:12 AM
after a few days of research i have come down to canon powershot sx220hs and sony cybershot hx9v...what do you suggest in between these two...read in the user reviews that hx9v has gr8 video ability but aint as good as sx220 for images...further after-sales is better in canon as i heard as there has been some problems with the pop-up flash of hx9v...kindly put some light on it...
Please check out the Panasonic TZ20, and I'm willing to bet it has everything that you are looking for. All the best.