PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me a compact system camera

stuart
21-01-12, 07:38 AM
Hi

I am looking for a compact system camera to replace my lumux fx55 compact camera. So far I have looked at the Nikon J1, Panasonic DMC-GF3 and the Sony NEX-5N and would appreciate peoples opinions.

The camera should have a good zoom (im aware i can add lenses later, but would rather have something that could cope with most everyday situations) and also be good at taking action stills as I take a lot of pro cycling pictures.

I have around 500 to spend.

I guess i'm leaning towards the Nikon J1 with the twin lens kit, although the reviews I've read about the camera havent been good because of the small sensor size.

Thanks

Stuart

Bernilynn
25-01-12, 10:07 PM
Hi,

Of the 3 you have mentioned none of them comes with a lense with much of a zoom you would have to immediately invest in a larger lense. With your price limit of 500 I would go for the older Panasonic g2 which comes with a 14-42mm lense and invest in the 45-200mm zoom but even then you will be looking at spending around 600 unless you can find a great deal out there. The Sony is a very good camera but their cheapest zoom is the 50-210mm and retails at around 300. As for the Nikon they don't even have a decent zoom on the market yet.
Hope that helps

Bern