PDA

View Full Version : Battery empty ??

Olifurr
09-01-12, 07:21 AM
Hi, I have an Olympus SP-310 camera which I have had for a while. It has hardly been used though. Recently I tried to use it but it wouldn't work due to the message that the batteries were empty. I replaced these with new ones and got the same message. I tried other new batteries and still got the 'empty battery' message.

Does anybody know about this problem and can it be fixed?

Many thanks for any suggestions.

wave
10-01-12, 07:26 AM
Look at the battery terminals first and try cleaning them it maybe that simple if not then it looks like an internal problem and will have to be fixed, or a new camera

canismajor
10-01-12, 10:11 AM
Hi, I have an Olympus SP-310 camera which I have had for a while. It has hardly been used though. Recently I tried to use it but it wouldn't work due to the message that the batteries were empty. I replaced these with new ones and got the same message. I tried other new batteries and still got the 'empty battery' message.

Does anybody know about this problem and can it be fixed?

Many thanks for any suggestions.
Hi and welcome. Look inside the battery compartment to see if there is any 'green' deposits where the batteries make contact with the terminals, if there is then you will need some fine grade 'wet and dry' paper to remove it. After cleaning, and the new batteries give the same result, the I'm afraid that as Wave says, it could be an internal problem meaning another camera is required. All the best.