PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed!! What Compact To Buy

Boromedic
09-12-11, 10:49 AM
Hi there, sorry to trouble everyone, I need some advice for those of you in the know who are experienced in this field.

I am after a new Compact Camera, but one that is pretty advanced in features to enable me to look beyond the old point and click photography and look at progressing further in the art form.

I've trawled the reviews here and and on Reevoo, C-net, trusted reviews etc and have settled on a short list of the following: Canon Powershot SX230HS, Panasonic TZ20 and the Sony HX9V.

The reason I need a new camera is my old one is a pretty basic digital camera, a Sony DSC W80, and when I went abroad a few years back the camera struggled in low light and with fast movement (specifically trying to photograph dolphins swimming in sunset) so my better half has been on at me to upgrade so the same problem doesn't crop up. So something that is compact for travel but well featured and with a great optical zoom sounds like just the ticket. I read the travel grouptest reviews and the Canon seems to be my choice but I just wanted to see what others thought.

Thanks Guys!!