PDA

View Full Version : Pixel difference???

ULT1M4T3_L3G3ND
13-11-11, 03:10 PM
Hi all, im a complete begginner to cameras lol. Im looking to get my self a dslr camera but still trying to decide. Im finding it very difficult as i know abolutely nothing about them.

First question of many i guess, is megapixels.

Is there much difference between 16mp and 18mp if not is there much difference between 10.5MP and 16MP?

Thanks in advance everyone

wave
13-11-11, 04:31 PM
Hi and welcome first question what do you want to take pictures of, and why do you want a DSLR. mega pixccels are not everything the higher they are the more you can blowup a picture or crop it down is a simple explanation

ULT1M4T3_L3G3ND
13-11-11, 04:58 PM
Hello!

Um DSLR because i want to learn abit (not proffesionally) about photography and take it up for a hobby. At the moment i use my iphone camera to take pictures of days out and holidays and stuff,
Nothing major. And people completement the pictures i take and ask if i would use there camera for special occasions.

So im looking for a half decent DSLR which is fairly quick with its shots so i dont miss an oppertunity and obviously has a good quality picture result.

Hope this helps u help me lol.

wave
14-11-11, 07:26 AM
The only reason I ask is that you can get really good bridge cameras and you can use those with manual control but you dont have to get extra lenses. if its a DSLR then I would say a canon 500d or 600d or nikon d5100. Both canon and nikon have extensive lenses plus the third party ones.

R0B
16-11-11, 05:22 PM
To answer your questions
16-18 megapixels really isnt a big gap at all, you wont notice a thing, I went from a 10mp sensor to a near 25 one and dont see toooo much difference ;)
Id suggest the nikon d3100 :)

sportyxtrail
05-06-12, 01:58 PM
Higher megapixels will count if you want to produce large scale prints, 18 megapixel will cope with A3 easily, A2 at a stretch.

kirstykou
17-07-14, 07:52 PM
Hi,
I'm new to this and I'm not sure how to open a new post so I'm stealing yours as you seem to be in the same situation as me :)

I'm looking to buy a Bridge camera after doing loads of research I have come to find a Bridge will do me fine.

I am wanting to know also how the MP make a difference. I am looking at Nikon Coolpix P530 - 16MP, Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H400 - 20.1mp & Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ72 16.1MP.

At first glance I thought the Sony would be the best due to the MP but after reading many reviews it seems this doesn't matter as I wont be blowing it up to A2 too much. I want a camera that can do good portraits, outdoor shots and events.

Hope you can help - and if anyone could tell me where to write a post that would be great too :)

Thanks K.