PDA

View Full Version : a camera with picture frame templates

Bobbonkers
09-11-11, 10:36 AM
Hi, I wonder if anyone knows of a compact digital camera that has picture frame templates.
Cheers.

Paul Nuttall
09-11-11, 11:15 AM
Hi Bob,

Thanks for your post. Could you please shed a bit more light on what you mean here? Do you mean the size of the picture or a camera that actually frames the image?

Bobbonkers
09-11-11, 12:58 PM
Oh yeah, I mean a camera that frames the subject with another image.
I'm a musician that uses "jibjab" "heads on body's" style flash movies to put the audience in the music videos that accompany show.
The problem I have is the time it takes to take a photo, open it in photoshop and cut the head out.
My idea was this, if the camera had a frame template that was the shape of a head, ie: all white background and transparent hole for the subject, once I open it in photoshop I could just "magic wand" the white background away and leave the head cut out.
Hope that kind of makes sense.
Cheers

Paul Nuttall
09-11-11, 02:21 PM
That kind of makes sense, yes.

Quite a while ago Casio launched a new feature on their cameras with quite a lot of fanfare. After some search I've managed to locate what it was - it's not normally the technology I'd use when shooting so had forgotten. It's called 'Dynamic Photo' and here's some info on it and cameras that feature it...

http://www.exilim.co.uk/tips/dynamicphoto/

Is that what you're looking for?

Bobbonkers
10-11-11, 10:11 AM
No, thats a bit complicated for what I want, I've found a few camera phones that have a few templates like magazine covers "man of the year" type thing so maybe I'll have to go down that route.
Thanks.