PDA

View Full Version : help *clueless newbie*

cubz
06-11-11, 12:15 PM
hi all recently lost my digital camera so decided to spend a we bit more and get a better camera so done a wee bit research on web and asked a friend who is into photography what best camera to buy is spo here is the 4 i have come up with: first two are fixed lens and other two is changable lens.

fuji hs20exr nikon coolpix p500

panasonic lumix g10 with 14-42mm lens

sony a390 with a 18-70mm lens kit

i will be using the camera for taking pics of the dog (probably running a good bit from me) and for kids and other bits and bobs but that will be main use for me so anyone give me any pointers or reccommend another camera that i could look at as i dont know much about this sort of thing

thanks cubz

R0B
06-11-11, 08:31 PM
DSLR, every day!
Although even though I shoot with a sony and love it, I'ma definitely advise you to get a nikon d3100, straight up, it is pretty much the perfect starter camera for 'clueless newbies'
Without going too technical, the advantages compared to the sony a390 are
Bigger screen, you'll get a nice 3" screen, compared to the sony's 2.7" one
Better low light performance, the sensor in the nikon is amazing, you'll get barely any noise (grain) in your images in dark situations
1080p HD video is always nice
Guide mode for beginners
And theres tonnes of others
http://www.whatdigitalcamera.com/equipment/reviews/digitalslr/128728/1/nikon-d3100-review.html
Have a read, and if you have the money, get it!

cubz
06-11-11, 08:50 PM
thanks for reply i have had a look and would have to be refurbished if i were to buy that camera as its a wee bit out if my price range new but refurbushed its not

R0B
06-11-11, 09:30 PM
yeah, it is a bit expensive, refurbed is always a nice option to have :)

cubz
07-11-11, 04:46 PM
i have took the plunge and bought a nikon d3100 as after reading review on it seem like its simple enought to use and good camera so look out for more of my newbie questions coming soon