PDA

View Full Version : Which camera for my budget & cacky hands

LoJack
14-10-11, 09:03 PM
OK, i've been surviving on a Fuji S8000 for a while, but i want to move into the DSLR field, and get something more functional, and less point and shoot.

my main problem is cacky shaky hands, and the S8000 with it's floating sensor sorted me out a treat. i'm looking at entry -ish level, and have a budget roughly 400-600 quid.

looking at the obvious mainstream cameras, and the availability of in-body sensor shift, rather than the more expensive stabilised lens method, i've come to the conclusion that it's either the Sony 33 or 55 alphas, or a pentax K-r/K-x.

i'm a sucker for HDR, panoramas, and hopefully long exposure style pics. i prefer for a lot of the time using the LCD to set up my shot, rather than the viewfinder (is this de rigeur in the DSLR world?) given the above, what's my best option?

yes, i'm quite happy to believe i'm a newbie idiot. :p

aidys1
14-10-11, 10:08 PM
OK, i've been surviving on a Fuji S8000 for a while, but i want to move into the DSLR field, and get something more functional, and less point and shoot.

my main problem is cacky shaky hands, and the S8000 with it's floating sensor sorted me out a treat. i'm looking at entry -ish level, and have a budget roughly 400-600 quid.

looking at the obvious mainstream cameras, and the availability of in-body sensor shift, rather than the more expensive stabilised lens method, i've come to the conclusion that it's either the Sony 33 or 55 alphas, or a pentax K-r/K-x.

i'm a sucker for HDR, panoramas, and hopefully long exposure style pics. i prefer for a lot of the time using the LCD to set up my shot, rather than the viewfinder (is this de rigeur in the DSLR world?) given the above, what's my best option?

yes, i'm quite happy to believe i'm a newbie idiot. :p

Donít neglect the Sony A580 it is a far better camera than the A33 or A55.

Aidy

LoJack
15-10-11, 11:51 AM
seems a little more expensive than my budget though, what would be the advantages at a technical level over the other 2? i assume it has the same stabilisation that the 33 and 55?