PDA

View Full Version : Camera for video and stills

SJB777
07-09-11, 06:17 PM
Hi, absolute camera novice in need of advice please. I need a camera for:

- Shooting high quality video (with good zoom which retains quality of image) for use in sports video analysis

- High quality photos (again with good zoom capability) for point and click purposes and possibly more in depth work in a variety of environments

Limited budget at the moment but all suggestions in all price ranges apreciated for comparison purposes.

Thanks in advance

R0B
09-09-11, 09:23 PM
Well you could look at the fuji hs10/hs20, sony HX1, panasonic fz40, theres a whole range of cameras out there that suit your needs.

My suggestion, get down to your local jessops or alternative camera store and have a play with cameras in your budget.
Nowadays all decent point and shoot cameras are pretty indistinguishable image quality wise unless you're a pixel peeper (like me, lol), the best thing about a camera is how it feels in your hands, if its uncomfy to hold, you're gonna have a **** time photographing things lol :)
Im sure the staff in the shop will be willing and able to give you such advice on buying a camera of the caliber you're looking at :)

Rob

canismajor
10-09-11, 09:26 AM
Hi, absolute camera novice in need of advice please. I need a camera for:

- Shooting high quality video (with good zoom which retains quality of image) for use in sports video analysis

- High quality photos (again with good zoom capability) for point and click purposes and possibly more in depth work in a variety of environments

Limited budget at the moment but all suggestions in all price ranges apreciated for comparison purposes.

Thanks in advance
Rob is correct in what he advises, and another consideration is that it's possible to obtain a higher quality camera which has been pre-owned and many examples can be found on the web pages of firms such as Park Cameras, Mifsuds, Warehouse express etc. Used cameras from reputable firms will carry a guarantee, so give it a whirl and see what's on offer. Happy hunting. Mike.