PDA

View Full Version : total noob buying advice

AtomicSpin
31-08-11, 08:41 PM
first off i should sa that i am a total camera newbie. i don't know about makes, specs or anything else besides megapixels :P

i was looking into it and decided i'd like to upgrade from my crappy point and shoot to a nice dslr. i'd prefer to go the second hand route, ebay etc, but if someone could give me some good makes/models for around 200 i'd be so amazingly grateful forever.

thanks in advance

Blitz Photography & Prod
01-09-11, 12:21 AM
hi Atomic
you might find even on places like ebay hard to find a second hand DSLR for around 200 chap and if you do it might not come with a lens so you then got to spend more money before you can use it
hope this helps you
russ :)

wave
01-09-11, 07:30 AM
Hi and welcome my advice is stay away from second hand if you can. I would look at doing some research and pricing then going and getting my hands on a few SDLR's. If they feel right in your hand then you are well on your way. You buy into a system so make sure it has your needs covered dont put up with I will get used to it. IMHO you are going to have to save a bit more. Good luck

graham_c
01-09-11, 09:12 AM
Hi
I agree with Russ and Wave. If you find a dslr with a lens for 200 i would have to ask what condition is it in.. graham

R0B
01-09-11, 02:44 PM
Well 200 isnt near enough unfortunately, you'll need almost half as much again on top of the 200 unless you want to go second hand.
Its hard saving up right (Im saving up 1600, currently I have 180 -.-)

If you are willing to go second-hand, the sony a200 is an amazing camera :)

AtomicSpin
02-09-11, 05:37 PM
thanks for the advice, i'm going with a new cannon e-something-or-other for 450 san lens.

Blitz Photography & Prod
02-09-11, 08:22 PM
thanks for the advice, i'm going with a new cannon e-something-or-other for 450 san lens.

Never heard of a Canon E Model ?

stateofplay
03-09-11, 05:54 AM
Is it the 1100D?