PDA

View Full Version : Recommended camera to us under Fluorescent Tubes?

harryo
22-08-11, 01:05 PM
Hi,
I am wondering which camera should I buy to use with twin 6ft tall Fluorescent Tubes at either side of a clothed mannequin?
This is for a womens ecommerce fasion store which means the colours of clothing vary all the time. But I want to buy a decent camera that will work well under the fluorescent tubes.
Currently using different lighting & inexpensive fujifilm camera's, but long overdue upgrading them & changing the way our photographs look.
Any help & advise is much appreciated ;)

canismajor
22-08-11, 07:50 PM
Hi,
I am wondering which camera should I buy to use with twin 6ft tall Fluorescent Tubes at either side of a clothed mannequin?
This is for a womens ecommerce fasion store which means the colours of clothing vary all the time. But I want to buy a decent camera that will work well under the fluorescent tubes.
Currently using different lighting & inexpensive fujifilm camera's, but long overdue upgrading them & changing the way our photographs look.
Any help & advise is much appreciated ;)
Hi Harryo. Any decent camera will have variable lighting settings which you can select for any lighting conditions, including Fluorescent tubes, Incandescent bulbs, etc. Many people are content to leave their cameras in Auto, but I believe a pro would choose to select for each different lighting set up. A DSLR for example has many settings to cope with any kind of lighting conditions, which probably explains why most pros use them. I guess the best way for you is to visit your local camera shop and try some different cameras out under the kind of conditions you will use them for, use your own card and when you get home download it and check out your images. All the best, Mike.