PDA

View Full Version : DO NOT USE www.best-dslr-deals.com

Cat69
21-08-11, 01:04 PM
PLEASE READ ON...DO NOT BUY FROM www.best-dslr-deals.com

I tried to use this website last week to buy a Canon 7d camera.

I put in my FULL account details for Amex, and it said it didn't recognise the first four digits.
OK, I thought...not everyone takes American Express.
It asked me for an alternative, so I put in my FULL Visa details, just to get the same message.
Only, at that stage, did alarm bells ring!!

I have just received a phone call from American Express Fraud office to ask me about bogus transactions on my card.
Luckily Amex did not honor them, as they seemed dodgy.

PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE - AS IT IS DEFINATELY A SCAM.

canismajor
22-08-11, 11:48 AM
Many thanks for the warning, and your experience only underlines the problems encountered when buying online. Personally I only buy from the long established companies who advertise in each issue of the WDC Magazine, people like Park Cameras and Warehouse Express are those who I've dealt with and always received first class service. There's an old addage which goes like this: if something seems too good to be true, then it usually is!. Be very wary, and only use the trusted companies who have been doing business for many decades and are well known. All the best, Mike.

graham_c
22-08-11, 03:08 PM
Hi Cat69
Glad amex blocked the scam thanks for the warning, like Mike I only use a few dealers like warehouse express good luck graham

Blitz Photography & Prod
23-08-11, 03:26 AM
hi cat
mike & graham
after reading this ive just gone and looked at there site a 7D under 700 you can just tell from that price after looking they say there main office is in london 4th floor on google maps looks from street view as flats but when you press contact there office then moves to leeds were there is a Camera shop or as been one this is the web site link i got but looks closed shop on google maps
http://www.martinscamerashop.co.uk/
so it might be another site like the one you have found or the same people the prices are not as low but i thought id show you the link i just love google maps now its got all the uk covered in so you can see street views in pics
i should get a job in CID lol :D
russ:cool: