PDA

View Full Version : Travel Lens Advice for Photographing New Zealand

thermg
13-08-11, 11:04 PM
Hi,

I will be travelling to New Zealand next year and would like some adive on good travel lenses. I am probably looking at a good zoom lens and a wide angle lens to get in the awesome landscape shots that I will encounter. My budget is upto 500 for each lens. Any pointers/advice is always welcome.

Cheers,

Ross.

wave
14-08-11, 11:11 AM
what camera do you have

canismajor
15-08-11, 08:54 AM
Hi,

I will be travelling to New Zealand next year and would like some adive on good travel lenses. I am probably looking at a good zoom lens and a wide angle lens to get in the awesome landscape shots that I will encounter. My budget is upto 500 for each lens. Any pointers/advice is always welcome.

Cheers,

Ross.
If I was going to New Zealand then my choice of lenses would be by Sigma and would be the excellent 10-20mm f3.5 (499) Mifsuds prices, and also the 18-250mm f3.5/ 6.3 DC OS (399) Mifsuds.
All the best, Mike.

thermg
17-08-11, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the advice. I have a canon 500d.

More opinions welcome.

wave
18-08-11, 07:25 AM
Hi zoom get the 55-250 its a really good lens and its light wide angle they are more expensive and really depends on how ide you ant to go, remember the crop factor of the sensor. You could go canon 15-85 it is in your price range or you could use the savings on the zoom and look at more expensive lens. I have just got the sigma 17-70 and find that is graet for most every day use. its a heavier lens than the kit though. Good luck