PDA

View Full Version : New Equipment

WynDan
10-08-11, 06:35 PM
Evening all - Having having experienced the photography bug and being somewhat a novice at this stage I need some good avice for purchasing a good quality digital camera for a maximum budget of 700. My interests are Landscaping and Wildlife(at distaces). Having done some minor research I am torn between the Panasonic G3; Canon D600 and Nikon D5100. Could someone assist please.

many Thanks

wave
10-08-11, 06:47 PM
From what you have said then I would go for a DSLR you will need to look at lenses too wildlife will need a long fast lens f2.8 for good quality pics. Landscape you may get away with a standard kit lens 18-55 say.
Next go and look at them and get a feel for them make sure everything is comfortable, dont think I will get used to it. when you buy a DSLR then you buy into a system make sure that they have the right lenses for you. Good Luck

canismajor
10-08-11, 07:10 PM
Evening all - Having having experienced the photography bug and being somewhat a novice at this stage I need some good avice for purchasing a good quality digital camera for a maximum budget of 700. My interests are Landscaping and Wildlife(at distaces). Having done some minor research I am torn between the Panasonic G3; Canon D600 and Nikon D5100. Could someone assist please.

many Thanks
Hi, if I was in your shoes I would go for the Nikon D5100, it's generally acknowledged as being excellent in image quality, and as a Nikon user myself I find them totally reliable and I'm very pleased with my pics. I waited for a couple of years after I bought my new camera while I learned how to use it, and then bought more lenses by Sigma. My 120-400mm is now listed at over 700, but is superb for wildlife and sport photography. Unless one is wealthy, it takes time to accumulate those extra lenses. All the best. Mike.

canismajor
10-08-11, 07:19 PM
I forgot to say.......Welcome to the forum, All the best, Mike.

h_dhani
12-08-11, 03:21 AM
Hi WynDan, based on your options above, i would suggest either the Canon 600D or the Nikon D5100. Both produced great results with vast arrays of lenses available. But if you decided to pick Canon then you should also consider the 550D (with a cheaper price, it offers an almost the same build and specs MINUS the vari-angle screen).
Wish you all the best...

WynDan
12-08-11, 02:20 PM
All,

I appreciate your responses and as a result will be winging my way to Cardiff this weekend to test all the models you have indicated and then look ou!!!

Once again many thanks and happy shooting