PDA

View Full Version : Compact Decision...

Elmtree
12-07-11, 04:44 PM
I have been using a Konica Minolta Dimage G600 for the past few years, and its about time i changed it, i have a shortlist of 4 possible camera's but am unsure which will fill the gap for me best:

1: would like a camera that can produce decent video for Youtube
2: good at close to image shots (out of macro) as i shoot in the garden alot
3: fast at shooting and/or handles moving objects well

the camera's on my shortlist are as follows, any advice gratefully received!

1: Canon IXUS 1000 HS
2: Nikon S8000
3: Fujifilm FinePix F550
4: Panasonic Lumix TZ18

canismajor
13-07-11, 09:19 AM
Hi, I find that if you 'google' each camera you will have access to many reviews by users which will be quite accurate. After you have carefully reviewed your shortlist with a pen and paper, noting down the 'pros' and 'cons' for each one, you should be in a position to make a very well informed choice. Then why not visit a camera shop and try out your chosen camera with you own media card and check out the images when you get home. I wish you all success.

Matt
13-07-11, 12:30 PM
My personal preference, after testing the cameras in one way or another, would be;

Panasonic TZ18
Canon IXUS 1000HS
Fuji F550
Nikon S8000

The attributes of the cameras are quite disperate, with the IXUS and Nikon being more 'point and shoot' than the others, but the Panasonic's optical quality, impressive zoom range and wealth of other features takes the crown for me. Like Canis said, try handling the models at a camera shop as well, as the Panasonic has a touch screen system that some don't get on with.