PDA

View Full Version : trying to get a feel.....

varyabol
22-06-11, 05:40 AM
im just trying to get a feel on what people here would rather buy. if your given only 2 choices -- a pentax k-5 or a nikon d7000?

basically this would the 2 ive been researching. i plan on getting 1 by next spring. ive been very very happy w/ my very 1st dslr (pentax k-x) and i feel like its time to graduate from an entry level camera.

canismajor
22-06-11, 01:23 PM
im just trying to get a feel on what people here would rather buy. if your given only 2 choices -- a pentax k-5 or a nikon d7000?

basically this would the 2 ive been researching. i plan on getting 1 by next spring. ive been very very happy w/ my very 1st dslr (pentax k-x) and i feel like its time to graduate from an entry level camera.
Hi,If you have a few Pentax lenses it might be prudent to stay with the brand, otherwise I would opt for the D7000. It has almost twice the ISO range and more than 3 times as many focusing points, and scored 92% in the WDC test. I have a D300 which is over 3 years old now and it's just terrific, never posed a problem, gives great pics and I' ll stay with Nikon for life. All the best, Mike.

graham_c
22-06-11, 03:14 PM
Hi
I think i would be temped to get the nikon . Unless you already have a pentax...graham

varyabol
22-06-11, 05:37 PM
ya i have a few 3rd party lenses already for my k-x but I wouldnt shy away from a D7000 and just get new gear. if I go that route. its quite a decision when that time comes! hmmnn!

NRoberts
22-06-11, 05:45 PM

A Canon 60D, frankly.

wave
22-06-11, 06:00 PM
I would look at 60d even the 600d with money saved compared to the d7000 then you could get another lens