PDA

View Full Version : Card Reader asking to fromat CF card before it will open for dwonloading photos

Hywel Rees
13-06-11, 04:43 PM
Hi all,
Up until recently to download photos from my CF card all I have had to do is put the card into the reader and coonect the reader to my computer. Now if I do this I am told that the CF card has to be formatted before any photos can be downloaded. If however I connect my camera directly the photos will download as normal.
Can anyone shed any light on this please.
Thanks, frustrated:confused:

graham_c
13-06-11, 05:14 PM
Hi
Once you download from the camera have you tried to format it . I had a similar problem with a sd card it wouldn't download anything unless it was in my camera. Turned out to be a faulty card reader... graham

Hywel Rees
13-06-11, 10:21 PM
Hi Graham,
Yes I did format the card once I had downloaded the photos, but now I will try a different card reader as this may be the problem.
Many thanks for your post, I shall let you know how I get on.
Hywel.

wave
15-06-11, 07:27 AM
Hi I have had this problem before and it turned out tobe a USB hard drive once unplugged it then saw the card reader ok. I think the hard drive took its original drive letter.

Mike Lowe
21-06-11, 04:16 PM
Try a USB from camera to computer to see if it'll 'talk' without formatting to save the pictures.