PDA

View Full Version : Camerabox - anyone else had poor service?

docbolton
04-06-11, 11:52 AM
Hi
Just wondering if anyone else had received very poor service from Camerabox.com?

I have tried to buy a camera from them, showing as ex-stock. It took them a week to "ship" it then has not been delivered within the promised 4 days.

Not only that but they have ignored 6 emails and 2 phone messages requesting the tracking information.

This is poor and rude - just wondering if I am an isolated case or this is generally true?

canismajor
04-06-11, 01:57 PM
Hi there. First let me say welcome to the forum, it's nice to have you on board. Concerning your problem with Camerabox, I would suggest you contact the Editor of this WDC magazine, Nigel Atherton, and outline your difficulty to him. I'm sure that camerabox would not welcome any negativity from this esteemed magazine, and It wouldn't surprise me if Nigel contacted them to see what the problem is. If he did, then I'm sure that some rapid action would follow for the above stated reasons. It's worth a try anyway, and please keep us informed of the situation. Retailers don't like bad press.!! All the best, Mike.

mikegeorge
04-06-11, 03:03 PM
I had to threaten legal action to get my money back for a camera they never sent me! Awful service, no customer skills.................

graham_c
04-06-11, 03:33 PM
Hi I used them once
,They are as subtle as a sack of hammers. I spent more on phone calls the the item was worth.. graham

docbolton
04-06-11, 06:50 PM
Thank you for those comments - interesting to know I am not the only one

wave
06-06-11, 09:01 AM
I have have bought several things from them and I can only say they were great

canismajor
06-06-11, 11:13 AM
I have have bought several things from them and I can only say they were great
Hi Wave, Your comment poses many questions in connection with the poor service that Docbolton reports. This is by no means unusual in today's market place and I wonder why it is that some of us receive very poor service while others receive good service and all from the same company?. Perhaps the employees who we deal with have good and bad days at work, and when it's a bad day they don't care how they treat customers. Ultimately it's the reputation of their employer that either stands or falls and perhaps said employers need to be more selective in choosing their employees. All the best, Mike.

wave
07-06-11, 01:45 PM
Hi one problem as I see it is if everything is ok we don't say much if it go goes wrong then we complain. So we see more complaints than praise

graham_c
07-06-11, 03:22 PM
Wave brings up a valid point No one complains if all is well. I ordered a cokin wide angle filter holder and they sent the wrong one. Got my money returned but took few calls & emails... graham

plain jane
07-06-11, 05:01 PM
Who are camera box.?

graham_c
07-06-11, 05:23 PM
Hi. Apologies to camerabox On reflection i think it was another firm i had the bother with..graham

docbolton
08-06-11, 09:32 AM
Just so you know - they have now failed to deliver my order - camera with 2 lenses, bag etc - and cant tell me who they "shipped" it with, or how its been lost.

They are also very good at telling me what cant be done to remedy the situation, not what will be done to fix it!

They do not respond to emails and take ages to answer the phhone as well - truly awful service

canismajor
08-06-11, 09:47 AM
Hi one problem as I see it is if everything is ok we don't say much if it go goes wrong then we complain. So we see more complaints than praise
Hi Wave. Yes I agree with you on that point, but personally I'm one of those who always quickly gives praise to any company that gives me good service, I'm sure that they do appreciate such calls in view of, as you say,the many complainers out there. Perhaps we should all be as quick with praise as we are about complaining. All the best, Mike.

canismajor
08-06-11, 09:50 AM
Who are camera box.?
Hi Jane, Camerabox are another photographic retailer and you can see what they are about if you just 'Google' the word in your search bar. All the best, Mike.

docbolton
08-06-11, 01:21 PM
Apparently Camerabox are a grey importer and not an officially licenced agent

canismajor
08-06-11, 05:29 PM
I'm really sorry You've encountered such bad service doc, if it were me I would be contacting all the photography mags there is and give this company what it deserves, BAD PRESS. Don't just leave it as it is but do something about it, they don't like bad press and that's for sure. Mike.

canismajor
08-06-11, 05:56 PM
Hi. Apologies to camerabox On reflection i think it was another firm i had the bother with..graham
Is it true Graham that Camerabox now have a contract out on you for besmirching their already tarnished image? I know a great place where you can hide out!! Mike. LOL

graham_c
09-06-11, 09:07 PM
There is no such a thing as bad publicity only publicity. On this assumption i am expecting a free lens from them... graham