PDA

View Full Version : Bridge or compact

Gumstar
03-06-11, 01:31 PM
Hi,

I have a Casio EX-FH20. it was purchased when my trusted Fuji S7000 took a dive on a stone floor.:(
I guess I was blinded by fun features. I'm not happy about the picture quality. especially indoors.

I primarily shoot:
1. family
2. Travel (landscapes, buildings etc)
3. some video of the children, cat and golf practise

I have been searching the net and read alot of reviews. I'm not sure if I would be content with a compact with a good picture quality, good zoom (x 10 or 15 optical) and video capabilities or I should buy a bridge camera like the Fuji HS10.
My budget is max EUR 400/SEK 3500.

What would you suggest?

Bonus question - I saw the Olympus EPL1 on sale at a local shop. Any one has experience with this camera?

Thanks in advance.

Gumstar
05-06-11, 07:12 PM
Hi Again,

I have done this comparisson of cameras.
http://www.dpreview.com/products/compare/side-by-side?products=panasonic_dmcfz40&products=fujifilm_hs10&products=oly_epl1&products=fujifilm_f550exr&sortDir=ascending

Which would you choose and why?

Cheers,

canismajor
06-06-11, 11:04 AM
Hi,

I have a Casio EX-FH20. it was purchased when my trusted Fuji S7000 took a dive on a stone floor.:(
I guess I was blinded by fun features. I'm not happy about the picture quality. especially indoors.

I primarily shoot:
1. family
2. Travel (landscapes, buildings etc)
3. some video of the children, cat and golf practise

I have been searching the net and read alot of reviews. I'm not sure if I would be content with a compact with a good picture quality, good zoom (x 10 or 15 optical) and video capabilities or I should buy a bridge camera like the Fuji HS10.
My budget is max EUR 400/SEK 3500.

What would you suggest?

Bonus question - I saw the Olympus EPL1 on sale at a local shop. Any one has experience with this camera?

Thanks in advance.
Hi, have you seen the review on the olympus EPL1 on dpreview.com This review points out that this camera is fine for anyone who simply wants to point and shoot, and then at some later time can learn about apertures and speeds etc. Reviews are handy tools for enabling us to make informed decisions when choosing a new camera, and in this I wish you all success. I recently saw some images from the Fujifilm HS10 and they were very impressive indeed. All the best, Mike.

Gumstar
06-06-11, 02:23 PM
I have read the review of the EPL-1 on dpreview. Sounds like a very nice camera that one can grow with.
I will have to get my hands on both Epl-1 and HS10 to see what I like the best?

Thank you for your reply.

wave
07-06-11, 01:50 PM
Hi lots depends on were you want to take your photography a good bridge type like canon g12 which gives good control. or point and shoot with limited control. From there its on to DSLR or the EVIL type cameras with inter changeable lenses.. Its decision you have to make