PDA

View Full Version : Advice on buying new digital Camera with Long zoom

saffysmamma
01-06-11, 02:19 PM
Hi,

I hope you can help me as im now starting to get headache looking at choosing a new camera.

I am looking at the following (feel free to suggest other options at the risk of my headache getting worse!)

Sony Cybershot DSC HX9V
Sony DSC-HX5V
FujiFilm Finepix F550
Panasonic tZ20

I want a good optical zoom, good low light photo's, and good HD recording in stereo whilst also being able to use the optical zoom whilst taking video's (i have read somewhere that the TZ20 struggle with this) but the HX9V does a good job.

I currently use a DSLR canon 30D and have a good range of lenses. I know i will not get the same level of qaulity but with a toddler in tow and no 2 on the way carrying the DSLR around isnt always an option.

Image qaulity is very important as i am used the great pictures i get from the Canon.

Please help, ive been looking for ages but can not decide. I have read reveiews but i am still confused.

Want to buy something asap as ive now been looking for ages.

Many Thanks

canismajor
01-06-11, 03:48 PM
Hi, personally I'd think any of your shortlist will be fine, but after reading test reports on them I must say that the final choice will be down to you own preferences. The Sony HX5 did attract a score of 91% in the WDC test report, so maybe it has the edge on the others, it does mention 'great HD performance'. For me I would only choose a camera which has a viewfinder and none of the four has one. All the best with your decision making process, Mike.

saffysmamma
01-06-11, 03:58 PM
Hi Mike,

many thanks, after looking into it more i think im swaying towards the HX5 or the HX9V .

I dont mind not having a view finder.

Do you which of the two offers better image quality ?

Again, thanks for your response.

saffysmamma
01-06-11, 04:04 PM
Hi,

Also, has the HX9V been reviewed yet as i cant seem to find it ?

Thanks

canismajor
01-06-11, 09:05 PM
Hi,

Also, has the HX9V been reviewed yet as i cant seem to find it ?

Thanks
The Sony HX9V and reviews can be seen on CNET. I googled this camera and found plenty to look at, so this may help. All the best, Mike.