PDA

View Full Version : Unimpressed with Samsung ST500, what next - help please!!

lofty
30-05-11, 07:55 PM
Hello all

Great forum - can I ask for some informed advice please, I previously owned (and recently lost) a Samsung ST500 which was a big disappointment after the simple and bullet proof Samsung NV3 that I had before.

Now the ST500 is gone and am looking for a suitable replacement, essentially I'd like a simple, robust, quick digital camera with lots of zoom. Budget is up to 120ish. Any recommendations or suggestion very gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.......

canismajor
31-05-11, 10:15 AM
Hello all

Great forum - can I ask for some informed advice please, I previously owned (and recently lost) a Samsung ST500 which was a big disappointment after the simple and bullet proof Samsung NV3 that I had before.

Now the ST500 is gone and am looking for a suitable replacement, essentially I'd like a simple, robust, quick digital camera with lots of zoom. Budget is up to 120ish. Any recommendations or suggestion very gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.......
Hi Lofty, On your budget My choice would be the Samsung PL120 at 149. It has an optical zoom of 27-270mm, and very importantly, image stabilisation which will ensure your pics are sharp when used correctly. It's ISO range is up to 3200, and it has 22 scene modes with face detection. Media is SD card and it uses LI-ION battery. It weighs 148g. I could only find this camera that has a decent zoom with IS in your range, hope this is useful. All the best, Mike.