PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Photo/Image viewer?

Ryme_Intrinseca
29-05-11, 09:27 AM
Hello, I hope you can help? . . .

I recently bought a Canon 550D with the standard kit lens (18-55mm). I took the camera out for some considered shots and was very disappointed in the resulting images that were reproduced. I'm still working on the camera to get the best out of it but this is besides the point.

However, I noticed that the resulting images I work with are best viewed in Microsofts 'Paint' application. This application has been around for year and years and is very basic but for whatever reason, it shows up the images from my camera in faithful detail.

The point of my query is that I want to put my images in a slide show and yet retain the detail which 'Paint' gives to individual frames, so to speak. I noticed the closest image slideshow viewer, which approaches 'Paint', is from ACDSee but Microsoft's Paint has the edge when it comes to individual frames. Alas I cant show the images as a slideshow with 'Paint', hence this request for help from the Forum!

If anyone can help, then I should be very grateful.

M.

graham_c
29-05-11, 11:05 AM
Hi .There are quite a few ,one of the best ones is photoshop elements. Hope this helps ...graham

wave
29-05-11, 11:59 AM
Hi to look at your shots you can use the free software that came with your camera DPP, also you could use picas from google also free.
To get the best out of your shots you will need to do some post production and to be be honest its best to shhot in RAW mode and the use post production.
If you are disappointed then it may help if you post some shots and we may be able to help further

graham_c
29-05-11, 12:14 PM
Hi . Just a thought if you are running widows vista or later it comes shipped with it's own slide show.As Wave said put some photos on and we may be able to help you further... graham

canismajor
29-05-11, 05:52 PM
Hello, I hope you can help? . . .

I recently bought a Canon 550D with the standard kit lens (18-55mm). I took the camera out for some considered shots and was very disappointed in the resulting images that were reproduced. I'm still working on the camera to get the best out of it but this is besides the point.

However, I noticed that the resulting images I work with are best viewed in Microsofts 'Paint' application. This application has been around for year and years and is very basic but for whatever reason, it shows up the images from my camera in faithful detail.

The point of my query is that I want to put my images in a slide show and yet retain the detail which 'Paint' gives to individual frames, so to speak. I noticed the closest image slideshow viewer, which approaches 'Paint', is from ACDSee but Microsoft's Paint has the edge when it comes to individual frames. Alas I cant show the images as a slideshow with 'Paint', hence this request for help from the Forum!

If anyone can help, then I should be very grateful.

M.
Hi, The two previous comments are perfectly adequate and have much merit, I myself only shoot in jpg and use the free download called Picasa for editing, it's very simple and effective. I'm also having a go at Elements which a kindly forum member let me use. Please check out Picasa and you might be pleasantly surprised. All the best, Mike.

Blitz Photography & Prod
02-06-11, 12:27 PM
hi Ryme

as i see it a lot of people make this mistake they buy a new DSLR
and with out thinking or a bit of planning before hand see the other stuff that goes with it
before i brought my first DSLR i custom built a pc that would be up to the job and the software that can do the job which was Adobe Photoshop back then it was CS3 and Adobe Lightroom

As wave and graham have said
the software that came with your EOS550d the camera DPP is a start Microsoft Paint would be the last bit of software i would use
there are lots of softwares out to do the job right and for you to get the best out of your photos
to get this i would say shot in raw formate again the files that are taken can be around 18mb a file some times more now for what your trying to do i would say Adobe light Room 3 would do you fine
as you can do a lot with it and its raw plug in is the same as the one used in Photoshop cs5 and not the cut down version thats used in Photoshop Elements 9
As i like to think of it Ryme you buy a small car and ask it to perform like a sports car its not going to happen chap
not with Microsoft Paint
hope this can be of some help to you
all the best
russ :)