PDA

View Full Version : Name these bugs please!.

canismajor
23-05-11, 07:59 PM
Can anyone help me to identify two bugs on pics that I've posted in 'my images'. These two pics are on page 1, one of them is a green bug sitting on a nettle leaf, by the way check out those stinging hairs which is where we get that sudden pain from when we brush against a nettle leaf, as the spikes inject the irritant into our skin. It could be a Green Shield Bug according to one comment, but I'd like to be certain. The other pic is of an orange coloured bug and I've not a clue what this creature is called,so can some knowledgable person please help out. Many thanks, Mike.:confused:

graham_c
23-05-11, 11:17 PM
Hi Mike i think the orange one is a soldier beetle... graham

canismajor
24-05-11, 08:34 AM
Hi Mike i think the orange one is a soldier beetle... graham
Hi Graham, thanks for that info and there may be some more suggestions yet. I should really have made it my business to buy a book on bugs then I would know what I'm talking about. It's only when we start looking at insect life through a macro lens that we see how many kinds there are, and they all have names of course.
Many thanks.

plain jane
24-05-11, 03:14 PM
Hi
I think the green one could be a Green Shield bug.

canismajor
24-05-11, 03:44 PM
Hi
I think the green one could be a Green Shield bug.
Thanks Jane, someone else gave me that name as well which is why I put the name to the bug, but they weren't sure and I have no idea anyway. So that's two for that name, so I guess it will be a Green Shield bug, wonder if I get any stamps for it?.

travelbug
24-05-11, 08:23 PM
Hi Mike, taken a look at your bugs! I think the green one is a Green Shield bug but sorry I don't know what the orange one is, I do know they are well worth a vote!!..travelbug