PDA

View Full Version : Best Advice On Taking Photo's Of My Car!

Edwardioo
13-05-11, 04:26 PM
Hi im new and just bought a canon 1000d with a tripod, whats the best way to take photo's of my car, i've found a nice industrial estate, just need some tips and advice please, Cheers. Ed

canismajor
13-05-11, 04:36 PM
Hi im new and just bought a canon 1000d with a tripod, whats the best way to take photo's of my car, i've found a nice industrial estate, just need some tips and advice please, Cheers. Ed
Hi Ed. I always found that cars look good when photographed from a very low angle, just off one of the front corners for example. Try different meterings as well because reflections play havoc with light readings. If you want all the car in focus use apertures of f11 or f16. Use a background that will compliment the colour of the car, for example, you wouldn't take a pic of a green car in a green field, whereas reds and blues look great in the countryside, as do other colours. I like the early morning sun or evening sun for nice colours as well, when the sun is overhead it's too harsh and you get lots of shadows on the car. Low shots at the rear of the car work well too. Just experiment and have lots of fun, we've all done that in our learning process. All the best, Mike.