PDA

View Full Version : What compact camera shall i get

Veronika
12-05-11, 02:18 PM
Hi I;m about to get my new compact, I have found 3 cameras which I like but i can't decidet which one to get.Can somebody help me pls.

1. Canon powershot sx 220
2. Panasonic lumix DMC - TZ18
3 Nikon coolpix S910

Thank you

canismajor
12-05-11, 06:44 PM
Hi I;m about to get my new compact, I have found 3 cameras which I like but i can't decidet which one to get.Can somebody help me pls.

1. Canon powershot sx 220
2. Panasonic lumix DMC - TZ18
3 Nikon coolpix S910

Thank you
Hi, the Nikon S910 has a huge zoom of 25-450mm, do you really need this much zoom?. The Panasonic DMC-TZ18 zooms from 24-384mm, has stabilisation and full HD movie recording. Suggest you have a look at some reviews on your chosen cameras at C-NET. It depends on what you intend to photograph really, that will decide which camera to go for. If it's just general snaps then the Panasonic DMC-FX550 attracted a review rate of 91% in May WDC magazine, which is very good. Mentions great image quality at lower ISO's and cracking wide angle lens. I hope you find what you need, and all the best to you. Mike.

Veronika
12-05-11, 08:56 PM
Hi and thanks for your advice;)

canismajor
13-05-11, 11:34 AM
Hi and thanks for your advice;)
I see that you only joined yesterday and in that case, may I say welcome to the forum. After you have bought your camera we will be eager to see some of your pics in the gallery, so don't delay, get snapping right away, and all the best.