PDA

View Full Version : Buying advice, coming from F70 EXR - F550?

elkdanger
11-05-11, 08:49 AM
Hi there,

I'm just after a bit of advice really. My Fuji F70 EXR has suffered some accidental damage and now it's time to replace it. I was going to just get another one but I thought I would have a look around and see if there is a better camera for my budget.

I've looked at http://www.whatdigitalcamera.com/buyingacamera which has the F70 on it, but most of the other cameras on there are a bit out of my price range.

I did however come across the F550 however (which is at the very top of my budget) but I WDC doesn't seem to have reviewed this particular camera. I was wondering if anyone had experience with it and could tell me what they thought of it?

Aside from that, if anyone could recommend a compact camera around the 200 mark, preferably with RAW capabilities (but not essential).

Many thanks in advance!

canismajor
11-05-11, 10:57 AM
Hi there,

I'm just after a bit of advice really. My Fuji F70 EXR has suffered some accidental damage and now it's time to replace it. I was going to just get another one but I thought I would have a look around and see if there is a better camera for my budget.

I've looked at http://www.whatdigitalcamera.com/buyingacamera which has the F70 on it, but most of the other cameras on there are a bit out of my price range.

I did however come across the F550 however (which is at the very top of my budget) but I WDC doesn't seem to have reviewed this particular camera. I was wondering if anyone had experience with it and could tell me what they thought of it?

Aside from that, if anyone could recommend a compact camera around the 200 mark, preferably with RAW capabilities (but not essential).

Many thanks in advance!
Hello, I've just typed Fujifilm Finepix F550 in the search bar and I then got loads of links and following them I was able to look at some reviews on this camera. I have to say that after having this brand as my first digital camera, I'm impressed by what it can do, and that was in 2004. It still works great and still makes good A4 prints, so these cameras are fine by me. I wish you all success in your quest. Mike.

elkdanger
11-05-11, 05:17 PM
Thanks for that!

I've decided to go back to the F70 and save a bit of money. Hopefully I'll learn to take better pictures first before going for something with a lot of features I'll likely not make much use of!