PDA

View Full Version : High Zoom Compact for holiday

aknight123456
10-05-11, 07:57 PM
Hello

I'm going to Vietnam in a few weeks and need a nice high zoom camera to take some lovely pictures with! My budget is 200 or less. I have been looking at a few but I'm not really that knowledgeable about cameras. I know once you get past about 8-10 MP then more pixels don't really make much difference but thats about as far as the knowledge goes. I've been looking at a few models and I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience or opinions on them or on anything else for that matter! They are:

Canon Powershot SX210 IS
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5V
Panasonic LUMIX DMC-TZ8 or TZ10
Fujifilm Finepix T200

cheers

canismajor
11-05-11, 09:38 AM
Hello

I'm going to Vietnam in a few weeks and need a nice high zoom camera to take some lovely pictures with! My budget is 200 or less. I have been looking at a few but I'm not really that knowledgeable about cameras. I know once you get past about 8-10 MP then more pixels don't really make much difference but thats about as far as the knowledge goes. I've been looking at a few models and I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience or opinions on them or on anything else for that matter! They are:

Canon Powershot SX210 IS
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5V
Panasonic LUMIX DMC-TZ8 or TZ10
Fujifilm Finepix T200

cheers
Hi there, May I suggest you have a look at the site; DigiCamReview.com where you will see very good reports on the T200 camera. I still have an early Fujifilm Finepix 4mp camera from 2004 and it still does a great job. The rear screen is tiny to what they have now, but the camera still turns out very good A4 prints. Perhaps you could also find info on the other cameras on this site. All the best, Mike.

aknight123456
11-05-11, 11:56 AM
Hi and thanks for the reply.

I have looked about on the website and found a few reviews but its also thrown a spanner in the works by suggesting another camera, the samsung wb600!
I'm going to go try and find them in my local electronics/camera stores but if anyone has any personal experience or wisdom about any of these or similar ones?

thanks

aknight123456
12-05-11, 01:19 AM
Hi

I think I have decided to go for the Sony DSC-HX5V after looking at them all in store today.

Thanks for the help
aknight

canismajor
12-05-11, 09:06 AM
Hi

I think I have decided to go for the Sony DSC-HX5V after looking at them all in store today.

Thanks for the help
aknight
Well your chosen camera certainly got a good score in the WDC review in the May issue, 91% is very good. I must be old fashioned because I still wouldn't buy any camera unless it had a viewfinder, composing can be tricky in bright sunlight. I wish you much success with your camera, and I hope you will post some of your fine images on the gallery when you return from your holiday. Those of us who cannot travel gain much pleasure from looking at the pics from those who can, have a great time, and all the best. Mike.

aknight123456
13-05-11, 10:45 AM
Well your chosen camera certainly got a good score in the WDC review in the May issue, 91% is very good. I must be old fashioned because I still wouldn't buy any camera unless it had a viewfinder, composing can be tricky in bright sunlight. I wish you much success with your camera, and I hope you will post some of your fine images on the gallery when you return from your holiday. Those of us who cannot travel gain much pleasure from looking at the pics from those who can, have a great time, and all the best. Mike.

Yeah I'm pretty happy with it, it has some lovely features although I'm yet to take it out to really have a play with it and see what it can do! Thank you, I'll post them when I get back :)

Thanks again!

nilsonkeith
29-08-11, 09:37 AM
Nice Information. You have to post here really great and very useful information about Camera Tips For A Holdiay Peopels. This Information is very useful for me and also all of us. Thanks for this information.