PDA

View Full Version : Next Purchase Advice

louis courtney
29-04-11, 01:05 PM
OK, today I am selling my iPad 1 64GB 3G for 450. I am planning on spending that money on photographic equipment. I will be saving some more money as well to reach my target fund of 700. I currently have two Canon DSLRs, the 450D and the 5D mark 1 with a canon 70-300mm F4.0-5.6, a canon 50mm F1.8, A canon 17-40mm F4.0 and a Canon EFS 18-55mm kit lens. My next purchase choice is between a Canon 100mm 2.8 L macro lens and a Sony NEX 5 with a 16mm pancake lens. The macro lens will help immensely but so will the NEX as I cannot carry my DSLRs everywhere and I could fit it in my pocket all the time meaning that I wont miss opportunities. But it means that I would have to start a new collection of lenses. I am having a huge problem choosing what to go for so I thought I would ask the surplus of enthusiasts and Pros at the WDC forums for help.

Please help !

canismajor
02-05-11, 11:28 AM
Hi Louis. The Sony NEX-5 grabbed a score of 90% in the test of 08/10 in this mag. It uses the Sony E lense. It has no viewfinder but one is optional. The test said that the camera produces class-leading images that outshine some stiff competition from its Micro four thirds peers. It only weighs 229g so would be easy to carry. RRP is 530 kit. Even the famed Charlie Waite is coming round to the notion of carrying a compact with him these days, and we all know how brilliant his images are. I guess it's horses for courses. All the best.